Confusion with my technique

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
babydreaming

Confusion with my technique

Postby babydreaming » 12 Oct 2015 16:22

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if someone could give me some help regarding my lucid dreaming technique. I can never wake up and go into lucidity because I end up just sleeping so I saw a technique online about going to sleep as normal and going into lucidity that way. Last night I went through the stages of my body being "paralysed" and the stages of my body tingling and going numb, I was floating and felt as though I was flying and then I felt like I was awake in my bed just laying there and I could see the features of my room even though it was dark, I could see a slight light from outside and the shadow of my door, but I was just laying there, I wasn't able to move or "think anything" in front of me to appear. I was just wondering how I can become lucid? Nothing was happening so I came out of it and checked the time and it was an hour and a half I was like this for, thank you to anyone for any help!

Summerlander

Re: Confusion with my technique

Postby Summerlander » 12 Oct 2015 16:30

Have a read of this:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442

Read all of it. You will also find an algorithmic diagram to help you reach the lucid dream state.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Re: Confusion with my technique

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Oct 2015 14:25

Last night I went through the stages of my body being "paralysed" and the stages of my body tingling and going numb, I was floating and felt as though I was flying and then I felt like I was awake in my bed just laying there and I could see the features of my room even though it was dark, I could see a slight light from outside and the shadow of my door, but I was just laying there,

If you were seeing your room, you probably were actually dreaming that but not realised you'd transitioned into a dream. So you just in your dream, laid there and laided there and did nothing at all.

When I'm in that state I'll sometimes summersault and then find myself in a dream elsewhere. (it can be scary as it truly feels like I will summersault out of bed and end up on floor).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”