Calea Ternifolia Research Project

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
Square.Snail

Calea Ternifolia Research Project

Postby Square.Snail » 13 Oct 2015 13:37

Hello and thank you for viewing this post.
As part of my college work I am conducting a small research project into the Mexican Dream Herb, Calea Ternifolia (Zacatechichi).

I am looking for people who have experience with this plant to complete a survey exploring it's therapeutic and detrimental potentials. I am also hoping to find people who have used it in conjunction with counselling/ psychotherapy for their perspective on if/ how it effects the therapeutic process.

The survey consists of 28 questions.
Most of the questions are tick box or single word answers.
Your participation will help to increase the extremely limited research conducted around this plant, as well as help me to gain my qualification.

The survey was created in Google Forms and can be found here:
http://goo.gl/forms/twwHlDUkRB

Please spread awareness of this survey to anyone you think would like to contribute.

Thank you for your help!

Summerlander

Re: Calea Ternifolia Research Project

Postby Summerlander » 13 Oct 2015 21:31

Hi, Square.Snail! 8-)

Interesting. I have no experience with this plant but I will certainly spread awareness of this survey. There is an eloquent member of this forum--and somewhat of an amateur phytologist--who goes by the name of deschainXIX; maybe he has some experience with this or might be interested to try. Here's one of deschainXIX's links on his experience with Passifloraceae:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16836

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Square.Snail

Postby Square.Snail » 02 Nov 2015 11:43

Hi Summerlander. Thanks for helping to spread awareness. Response thus far has been very weak, so your help is invaluable to me.
The link you posted was very interesting, this kind of account/ information is very much along the lines of what I am looking for. Ill contact deschain too.

Square.Snail

Postby Square.Snail » 02 Nov 2015 12:30

If anyone has anything they would like to say about this subject, please feel free to add to this thread or message me.

I intend on performing my own experimentation at a later date.
I managed to acquire a rooted cutting a few months ago and have been taking further cuttings in an attempt to build up a large enough quantity to work with. It will be quite some time until I reach that point.
I have some in soil, but I am also experimenting with growing them in a Kratky hydro system. So far, this method has been successful (and fun!).

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 04 Nov 2015 00:39

What does a kratky hydro system entail?

Square.Snail

Postby Square.Snail » 06 Nov 2015 11:48

Its a small. cheap, hydroponic system with no moving parts.
The plant grows above a nutrient reservoir. As the roots grow, they reach into the nutrients. the depletion of the nutrients creates a gap where the roots have access to air.
Mine has been made from water bottles and loft insulation.
More info can be found through a net search.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Nov 2015 12:48

That's so cool! Did you manage to get in touch with deschainXIX? He's been posting recently. 8-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Square.Snail

Postby Square.Snail » 07 Nov 2015 21:04

I have not received a reply yet.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Nov 2015 02:19

He might be busy. I've looked into the so-called 'leaves of god' and apparently the indigent and illiterate Chontal people—with their agriculture-based economy—use it for 'divination'.

When you experiment with it, are you planning to smoke it, have it in tea, or what? Do post your results! :-)

- Padmasambhava

Square.Snail

Postby Square.Snail » 14 Dec 2015 17:10

The parameters of the experiment are still being defined.
I intend on creating a space of controlled sensory input; Messages around the room which would serve to aid in lucidity and also initial dream content by subconscious suggestion.
I would imagine that smoking and tea infusion have their place here; smoking for faster onset + the sleepiness would be useful for inducing sleep, whilst the tea would release the active constituents over a longer time span which, I assume, would be useful for prolonging the oneirogenic effects.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”