electronic precognition

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
thepanda

electronic precognition

Postby thepanda » 14 Oct 2015 08:32

i'm not quite sure that electronic precognition word be the right way to phrase the circumstance, so i'll explain. For years i would had this feeling that while as a passenger in a car i would know that cop would soon show up and within a minute at the most i'd see a cop, even in the country. I didn't think much about it until i became an EMT and i would get this weird feeling right before the radio would go off for call. I've also had times were i'll get a random thought about a TV shows episode, that i haven't seen in awhile while i'm driving or working, and then later that evening that exact episode would end up being shown. As well as I've had times that i would have this song in my head prior to getting into the car and that song would be on the radio when the car gets turned on. Now it doesn't happen all the time though it happens enough that i'm curious. I know that the instances like the TV episodes and the songs can be probability of how popular they are, and statistically i would eventually hear or see them again, though sometimes it feels like it may not be. I'm just curious if anyone has any experience similar or thoughts on the matter.

torakrubik

Re: electronic precognition

Postby torakrubik » 14 Oct 2015 23:25

Perhaps this relatively unknown phenomenon will partially explain your experiences:

http://www.damninteresting.com/the-baader-meinhof-phenomenon/
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “Off-Topic”