troubles with lucid dreaming when paralysed

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
timtiel

troubles with lucid dreaming when paralysed

Postby timtiel » 14 Oct 2015 17:16

Hi there,

I've been trying to lucid dream for about 1 year now, and found myself being able to induce sleep paralysis pretty easily (after i embraced them) especially when i go take a nap and i say to myself; im sure i will get paralysis this time. Everytime i get SP, im lying on the place where i fell asleep, noticing i cant move and then realizing i am dreaming. From this point, i try to check reality (sometimes impossible due to SP, sometimes i can do it). when i am sure i am dreaming, i walk to my door/window and i jump. Sometimes it feels really heavy, almost as if my SP is sucking me back to the ground, but after a few tries i almost always jump very high or start flying. But it seems harder than in other lucid dreams (but they wont occure this easy for me :( ). in like, 85% i get back into my SP, back on the couch, and start all over again, walking to the door, or to another place this time, making up characters for instance, and this works. But, only for a few seconds, because then i feel my dream slipping away and i end up back on the couch again.. only had a few longer ones from SP, and it is frustrating, since i am able to get into SP pretty easy. Anyone knows tips/trics to keep lucid dreaming instead of ending up in SP time after time, sometimes 15-20 times short lucid dreams (3-10 secs) before i really wake up. Techniques that help when LD with other techniques like, shouting "i am dreaming" or "Focus" wont really work. It almost as if SP is part of my dream, sometimes everything seems heavy, while i am lucid dreaming? :cry:

Anyone with this experience ? What have u done about it ?

Thanks, fellow dreamers!

Highlander

Re: troubles with lucid dreaming when paralysed

Postby Highlander » 24 Oct 2015 23:28

I think i have some of those experiences. I call them WILD-OBEs. Because it starts as the WILD technique and then i feel the paralysis, the vibrations and i get out of bed like an OBE. But i don't feel heavy though.
For you to stabilize the dream, if shouting phrases don't work, i can give some tips that work for me.
Try to focus on something on the dream. You say you get out of the couch. If the dream starts fading, look at the couch, see all of its forms, color, shape,... If you touch it, the better. Touch the couch or other objects you see in the dream, feel it. If you use your senses, that will keep you in.

timtiel

Postby timtiel » 18 Nov 2015 02:45

thanks a lot! havent been this into LD lately since i just got a new job and so, but i will give it a shot :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Dec 2015 10:59

I get that more with OBEs then with LDs. Maybe you are more in an OBE state most of the time you are doing this, if so its really easy to be pulled back to body if you haven't gone far away from it.

Instead you could try to think yourself completely elsewhere, well away from your body which could help stop you being pulled back so much.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

timtiel

Postby timtiel » 09 Dec 2015 01:59

hmm that sounds logical.. never really thought of labeling them as OBE's! i will try next time :D thx

Return to “For Beginners”