Help Please. 25-30 false awakenings/paralysis nightly

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
xemilyfaex

Help Please. 25-30 false awakenings/paralysis nightly

Postby xemilyfaex » 14 Oct 2015 21:36

I've been having 25-30 false awakenings combined with sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming at least once a week for the past year. I'm sick of it. How do I get rid of it? Not only do I see shadow people, but people talk to me as I'm trying to fall asleep and I hear music and strange noises. I've been having these types of sleep phenomena since i was a little girl, but it's intensified in the past year.

Two nights ago I had a dream with about 20 to 25 false awakenings. I was in a room that I was not familiar with and I was trying to get out of bed and go to the door. Every time I realized it was a dream I would wake up in bed again. Then I saw a shadow in the corner. I slapped myself in the face every time to see if I was really awake and I could never feel it. That scared me even more. After about 10 to 15 false awakenings, I woke up in my room. I slap myself in the face to see if I was really awake and I wasn't. A dark shadow was hovering in the corner. I was not afraid, but I was concerned. I got out of bed in my room and then I ended up back in bed in the unfamiliar room again. This happened a few more times. Then I woke up in my room and I open my eyes but I couldn't move. I looked around the room and saw that everything was normal but I couldn't move. I finally woke up for real, slap myself in the face and felt it. Last night I had a false awakening dream three or four times in a row. My friend was in the room trying to talk to me. I got up and laid on the floor because I was tired and wanted her to leave. I ended up back in my bed and woke up and she was talking to me at the foot of the bed. I got up to try to tell her to leave and then I ended up back in my bed again. I woke up for real and looked at the clock, it was 7:17 a.m. I slowly went back to sleep and I was paralyzed. I could not move my arms or legs. I tried to scream and shout and claw my way awake but I couldn't. I then went into a dream where it was not lucid and I was in a shopping mall being chased by a large man carrying a bowl with spikes on it. He wanted to hurt me. I woke up from a dream for real and looked at the clock it was 7:18 a.m. I went back to sleep and did not fall asleep completely, I was aware that I was asleep and I could not move. I lay in bed like this for a whole hour. I kept trying to move and scream and cry and run and do anything to wake myself up but I couldn't. When I actually woke up it was 8:17 AM.

Lonely Tear

Re: Help Please. 25-30 false awakenings/paralysis nightly

Postby Lonely Tear » 15 Oct 2015 00:41

while in my time of lucid dreaming, i never really thought of a way to stop or get rid of dreams, mainly coz i wanted to benefit from them and have some fun. i dont realy have a solution for you, but untill someone does give you one, i have something that you can think about, it might help you.

there are 2 ways to lucid dream.
Mechanical, and Mind (this just how i call them)

mechanical or Fild (Finger induced lucid dreams) are one where you force your body in a state where you are falling asleep but your body is moving, simplest way is by moving your finger, this can lead some people to lucid dreaming, but i am not expert on the mather.
and Mild (mind induced lucid dreams) where you work on your mental state and use your mind to get control over dreams, like telling yourself you will dream, take control, work with dream journals and such.

My advice is - before you fully decide and devote yourself to abandoning your dreams, and leaving your nights as a blank empty space, think that lucid dreams can be amazing and out of the world experiences, you can meet different characters, fly across the world and explore and do many things real life cant offer. i understand that some people like yourself had bad experiences like thise that scares them, as we are really scared of things that we are not familiar with.
but think of this.. if you can get to the point where you can take control over thise dreams and calm them.. it could turn into something amazing. it all depends on you.

im just a stranger on the internet, but i have been lucid dreaming for a while now, it has helped me shape my life and fix many problems in ways i couldnt even imagine. im glad that 1/3 of the life im spending in bed wont be for nothing.
i hope i didnt make it anoying my makeing you reed a wall of text.
i wish you best of luck, whatever you decide to do.
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

jasmine2

Re: Help Please. 25-30 false awakenings/paralysis nightly

Postby jasmine2 » 16 Oct 2015 03:23

xemilyfarx,
I'm sorry you are having difficulty with sleep paralysis, false awakenings, and troubling visual and auditory borderline sleep experiences. Many people intermittently have experiences similar to yours, and sometimes, during challenging times when it's necessary to deal with difficult people or situations in everyday life, then dreams may become more dramatic.

It may be helpful to keep a dream journal, and also, try to sketch or paint some of the more important dream-related characters or other images which you encounter.

Learning more about how to work with ordinary and lucid dreams may also be helpful.
I recommend the following resources -

(1) Article - "9 Ways To Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis" - dreamstudies.org -
Ryan Hurd also includes a 10th "ultimate method"

(2) YouTube - "Robert Waggoner - Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" - Interview with Ian McNay Robert's book, which is discussed, is my favorite book about lucid dreaming.

(3) YouTube - "Patricia Garfield: On Dreams and Dreaming (excerpt) - Thinking Allowed with Jeffrey Mishlove "
Full text is available at website - creativedreaming.org - Under tab "Library"

(4) Website - jeremytaylor.com
Menu - click - "Dreamwork In Cyberspace". Scroll down in article and click - "On-Line Dream Work Training Manual II" by Jeremy Taylor.
Links to cover of manual. Click "Preview" - View all 74 pages Free.

(5) Article - "The Larger Self" by Richard Schwartz - selfleadership.org
Discusses how to work with the "inner family" - different aspects/actor voices in one's own mind.

(6) Website - intervoiceonline.org - Hearing Voices Network -
Click "About Voices" - See - "A Practical Guide For Coping With Voices"

(7) YouTube - "Carl Jung - Wisdom Of The Dream" - 3 parts - (extensive) - very informative

Return to “Introduce Yourself”