Still Can't Lucid Dream

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Fusion Palace

Still Can't Lucid Dream

Postby Fusion Palace » 18 Oct 2015 16:13

Hey guys! I really don't know what to do now, because for just over two months I haven't had a Lucid Dream yet - I don't want to wait for, like years to get one.

Here're the techniques I've been trying out.

REALITY CHECKS: The ones I use the most are checking the time and counting the fingers on my hands. I also ask 'Am I Dreaming' before-hand either out loud or in my mind, then do the action. I've tried reading over sentences a lot and paying attention to my surroundings. I don't tend to look at my reflection that much, unless I'm doing my make up or am in a clothes/cosmetics store. :p

LUCID DREAMING INDUCTION: I meditate once a day, before I go to bed. I also write everything I remember from my sleep in my dream journal.

I think I got close to Lucid Dreaming twice before. I had one dream where I said 'I'm Dreaming', but it didn't click and continued as a regular dream. The second time, I realized I was dreaming and I could control it - but I think I was only dreaming of an LD, because I still had no control over anything no matter how hard I tried. Also, it just felt like a regular dream - it wasn't real enough.

Your thoughts, guys? Any extra tips?

P.S - I hate using methods like WILD because they never work for me and I'm noise sensitive so binaural beats/earphones aren't good for when I'm trying to sleep. So basically I meditate and then go to bed after I read a book.

Highlander

Re: Still Can't Lucid Dream

Postby Highlander » 24 Oct 2015 23:16

Lucid dreaming is not controlling your dreams, but being aware that you're dreaming. You can have a lucid dream without control. You said you've done that a couple of times but you had no control. It's ok. If you realized you're dreaming, that's a big step. I have lucid dreaming for years and most of the times i can´t control it. So, i let myself "go with the flow". I just let the dream control me, show me what it wants me to show. And you know what? I get wonderful experiences that way.
You say you medidate. That's awesome. A tip for having more lucid dreams: find yourself a mantra while meditating, a phrase like "Tonight i will realize that i'm dreaming." Or, like i do, i think of something i want to dream or something that will trigger lucidity, like: "I want to be on a top of a mountain. I will know that it's a dream."
And when you have a dream, if you can't, don't control it. Meditate inside the dream. I've done that and it's great.

Fusion Palace

Postby Fusion Palace » 26 Oct 2015 18:36

Thanks for the tips! I think I've been Lucid Dreaming for years, but recently I thought it was literally just 'controlling your dreams' instead of actually being aware.

I'll definitely try out the mantra during my daily meditation routine! I'll incorporate it into the natural flow of my other ones that I use for stuff like stress and anxiety. :D

How can I mentally gain control of my dreams? I feel as if there's a force pulling me away from achieving this.

P.S - I'm pretty sure I get sleep paralysis and false awakenings sometimes (like once, after I watched loads of Bloody Mary videos with my sister on a string of horror themed Youtube sessions one day, I went to bed and could hear stuff like footsteps, plus there was a shadowy figure peeking from the bottom of my bed - I got so scared that I woke myself up after a while. I know there's some sort of key moment in sleep paralysis that allows you to Lucid Dream...how do I do it?).

Heh, I always ask so many questions. :p

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 26 Oct 2015 19:09

Fusion Palace wrote:How can I mentally gain control of my dreams? I feel as if there's a force pulling me away from achieving this.

I think you (or your mind) are still too attached to the waking life. I mean, you might be lucid in the dream but you are not fully lucid or you still don't know how to do. You have to concentrate and think that this "force" is not real. Shout in the dream that you are free to do whatever you want, for example. This might work.

Fusion Palace wrote:I went to bed and could hear stuff like footsteps, plus there was a shadowy figure peeking from the bottom of my bed - I got so scared that I woke myself up after a while. I know there's some sort of key moment in sleep paralysis that allows you to Lucid Dream...how do I do it?).

Sometimes frightful stuff might get you lucid. Sometimes it also happens to me. I start hearing voices, steps, seeing creatures lurking in my bed. But you know what? Now i like that stuff because i know that it's the beginning of a dream. I'm still paralysed, but i try do not get scared and i talk to the creature to get me out of the bed. It can get a suprising result.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”