Sophie

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Sophie

Sophie

Postby Sophie » 20 Oct 2015 22:50

Hi,
I just discovered lucid dreaming because I was looking for information on flying dreams, which I have had a lot of lately (probably because I am withdrawing from years of narcotic use for chronic pain). I asked my 6 year old niece if she ever remembered her dreams and she told me about her dream wheel (and she was surprised that i didn't have one). Whenever she is in a dream she doesn't like, she spins her dream wheel and another one starts, usually that she likes better. Isn't that lucid dreaming? I need to get hints from her on how to do this! Anyway, going to start my dream journal and see what happens.

SunTzu

Re: Sophie

Postby SunTzu » 21 Oct 2015 05:48

I've honestly never heard of a dream wheel! It is however well known that a few rare people are able to often recognise that they are dreaming from a young age.
Your niece is definitely lucid dreaming to an extent, as she must be aware of the dreamstate to think about changing the dream. She also displays some control of the dream, being able to summon an object and change the dreamscape. I wonder if she was given the idea of a dream wheel, or if she came up with it herself.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Sophie

Postby Sophie » 21 Oct 2015 06:17

I got the impression she "found" the wheel on her own, but I should ask her. It sounded like a fun thing to have.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Shoe

Postby Shoe » 21 Oct 2015 16:07

Wow, Sophie, that is so interesting! I would say that your niece is definitely dreaming lucidly. As far as I know, it is much more common for children to have spontaneous lucid dreams than it is for adults to have them (although I'm not sure exactly have much more common it is).

I know that I remember having lots of lucid dreams as a child in which I would simply realize I was dreaming and then go flying around. As an adult, I have had to be more intentional in my approach to lucid dreaming. But, luckily, once I started trying it all came back quite easily.

The dream wheel is an interesting idea. I know that quite a few people use a similar technique: spinning their dream body around, keeping in mind that they would like to see a new scene. It is something of a dream "wheel." :D

Welcome to the dreaming, Sophie.

seanEE

Postby seanEE » 21 Oct 2015 18:12

thats very interesting, if you could get your subconscious to select a new dream scene for you. I've herd of people walking thru magic doors and the like, but id imaging a dream wheel would make a great lucid dreaming token for reality checking, i must make one. i wonder could you mark it flying/adventure/alien planet, and so on so forth.
''you must excuse my personality''

Sophie

Postby Sophie » 21 Oct 2015 18:40

From what she said, I think the dream wheel is like a wheel on a game show only smaller. I don't think it actually has destinations or types of dreams on it, she just spins it so the dream changes. In general, she has an amazing imagination and is very creative. She also quickly grasps difficult concepts easily and imagines them in her own way. Her father told her about the "big Bend" principal (I think it's called) versus the "big Bang" concept of the universe, and she not only got it, but drew it. It was amazing.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”