Lucid Dreaming During the School Year

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
isabelb50

Lucid Dreaming During the School Year

Postby isabelb50 » 24 Oct 2015 21:18

I am a 16 year old girl who goes to an intense school.

This past summer, I put up a great effort to lucid dream: reality checks, dream journals, practicing the MILD technique (sometimes WBTB), and meditation every day for at least 20 minutes. I never got a full lucid dream but I achieved a few semi-lucid dreams.

However, ever since school started, I have failed at doing reality checks, meditating, and filling in my dream journal every day. Plus, like any other teenager, I'm sleep deprived. Although, I do go to bed much earlier than most teenagers (10 pm). But I get up at 6:20 (which isn't enough time to write in my journal).

It's super frustrating because I REALLY want to lucid dream, but during the school year, it just doesn't see possible. I literally don't have any time to get a full night of sleep, so it seems like if I made any other effort to get some lucid dreams, it wouldn't happen anyway.

Any advice or any thoughts at all would be appreciated.
Thanks.

seanEE

Re: yer schools a real killer.

Postby seanEE » 24 Oct 2015 22:43

I'm home schooled :D :lol: :) .......... So thats a plus,
You seem very committed, And are doing everything right. Have you tried visualising your dream as you go to sleep, You can actually get better at it, Its also quite fun by itself.
However if your school is so hard core that you don't have time to meditate, Well I'm sorry for you, Its great to see someone meditating and trying to LD, And to see it squashed by an institution is sad,
Your 16, how many more years do you need to go thru to be ''educated'' if you don't mind me asking.
The dream journal is a great lucid dreaming tool, so if you could keep it going that would help, try meditating before you go to sleep evan 10min, and then visualise your dream as you go to sleep, Don't try to visualise some thing logical, just let your mind ramble
you'll feel yourself going inside your own head, Its quite wired :?
semi lucid dream is all I've ever got to, bringing full logic into the dream world dose take time,
Best of luck, traveling the other realms in your free time :D
''you must excuse my personality''

isabelb50

Re: Lucid Dreaming During the School Year

Postby isabelb50 » 24 Oct 2015 23:23

Ok, well actually, I do have time to meditate, but I've just fallen out of habit. I usually relax for an hour before I start my school work so I can do it then--and that'll energize me for my homework! And right now, I have one year and exactly 3/4ths left of school before I go to college and college could either be super difficult or super easy, I'm not really sure because it depends on whether I'm going into the thing I have in mind or not. Thank you for the response, and I'll see what I can do!

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 20 Dec 2015 23:10

If you don't have time to write in a dream journal, what about using a voice recording app to dictate your dreams? I was looking the other day and there are several available for download, but of course since you're a minor you'll need your parent's permission! :)
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 21 Dec 2015 02:51

When I get motivated to keep a dream journal (which is an "on again" - "off again" pursuit), I've found it helpful to keep a few scraps of paper and a pen or pencil at bedside. Then, if I remember any part of a reasonably interesting dream, as soon as I wake up, I try to quickly scribble down any fragment of the dream that I remember - an emotion, character, object, action, setting, color, whatever.

Then, while I'm fixing/eating breakfast or getting dressed, if I remember another dream fragment, I'll jot that down, even just 2 or 3 words. Hopefully, within a couple of days, I'll have more time to transcribe these messy notes more neatly into my dream journal. It's important to date the notes.

A caution - If a wait too long before transcribing the notes into my dream journal, then the note pile gets bigger and bigger. My laziness and guilt combine into a blob, and when I ignore my dream journal, then my dreams become rarer and less interesting. It's like having a wonderful fruit tree, but letting the fruit go to waste.

Dreams, non-lucid or lucid, are often so uniquely imaginative, and can provide such valuable insights and self-knowledge. If more people really made an effort to learn from the wisdom of their dreams, the world might be a lot more peaceful, harmonious place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”