Spirit Realm and LD Please Read.

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
hopi_dreams

Spirit Realm and LD Please Read.

Postby hopi_dreams » 28 Oct 2015 20:25

I am stuck between believing this is a dream and believing this was a true experience.
My dream last night, in total recall, all color, very lucid.

I am in a dark room. To dark to see my hand. I am searching for the light switch, it does not work. I am moving from room to room looking for light when my eyes start to dilate to the darkness and I can make out forms. A boy, dressed in suspenders and knickers is walking up the stairs. I follow him and say out loud "ok this is a dream and this is his memory" Lucid state begins.

I follow him in to a study. There is a big table and his older brother is holding a their baby brother who is only a couple of months old. They are talking and laughing. I realize that they are dead. I do not feel any negative things at this point, they do not even notice me. I move out of the room and look over the balcony. Suddenly there are hundreds of spirits surrounding me. They all have photos of their past, of their life, of their loved ones. They are all reaching for me, grabbing at me, slinging their photos at me.
I climb on top of a book shelf and notice that they are all singing a song with the same words over and over "Love is all we know"

They can't move on. They know I am alive.
I wake myself up, and I am in my bedroom. My vision is split in two and I can't focus my eyes. I feel like they were trying to pull me back into the dream.

I finally am able to wake. 5:45 am.

I dream this vivid every night. Most of the time there are spirits. I can always wake myself up.

If you have any feedback or comments please share. I feel alone in this, like I am the only one with these experiences and I am starting to go a little mad. Are these dreams or am I going to the realm of spirits?????????????? Does this all have a purpose?

Thanks
Hope

stön

Re: Spirit Realm and LD Please Read.

Postby stön » 29 Oct 2015 01:12

Is there anything in your dreams, that you could relate or somehow connect to the occurences in your life? Our brains are really powerful in making anything we experience into a symbolical/iconical copy, which we experience in our dreams. Thats how dream dictionary works, something in our dream signifies something in our lives. The better the imagination, the stronger is your dream experience, experiencing your awake life in a dream form. If you are going through rough times in life or have experienced something just stressful lately (maybe you are even not realising it) then your dreams might be a projection of your awake life. And just to add, I am not very experienced in lucid dreaming or dreaming in general. It was just a psychological analysis of your experience. I hope you can maybe relate to what I said and feel free to contact if you feel like you could benefit from it! ;)

hopi_dreams

Postby hopi_dreams » 29 Oct 2015 02:04

I have thought about that actually and that is a big reason why I posted on this site.
There is nothing stressful going on in my life, if anything it is the most peaceful/full of love time I have ever been in. Maybe the extra oxytocin could be a factor? I have not suffered a loss of a loved one, or had anything tragic happen to me. Nothing I dream of is an obvious a resemblance to my current situation.
Thanks for the feed back!
:)

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 29 Oct 2015 03:07

Hopi_dreams,
What a wonderful dream scene you describe, in which a group of spirits are showing you photos and singing, "Love is all we know."

Many explorers of the inner world come to feel that they may "wake up" in a mysterious, "real", non-material dimension, accessible in imagination, ordinary and lucid dreams, shaman's trance journeys, or other visionary states. Some writers call this inner place - "the imaginal realm".

I recommend the following resources

(1) Article - "The Door To The Imaginal Realm" - by Mary Pat Mann - mythlog.com

(2) Article - "Sleep Paralysis and Spirits" - dreamstudies.org - Ryan Hurd

(3) books.google.com - Divine Interventions: True Mysteries Stories Of Mysteries ... - 148 - Voyager Within - Jung's Courageous Journey Into The Psyche
Excerpt - "Carl wondered at the nature of this mysterious figure. Was Philemon merely an imaginary creation? Or was he something more mysterious? He came to understand that Philemon was both a part of his psyche and a being with an individuated existence of his own.Carl fully accepted this unique 'relationship' and later referred to Philemon as his 'guru', a guide on his journey through the unconscious."

(4) YouTube - Stanislav Grof - Revision and Re-enchantment of Psychology

(5) YouTube - Fred Alan Wolf - Shamanic Physics

(6) Stephen Harrod Buhner on Plant Intelligence and the Imaginal Realm - unlearand rewild.org
Beneath the picture on the tree - click "download" for audio interview

(7) Lucid Dreaming Experience - dreaminglucid.com
Free online LDE magazine

(8) awakeninthedream.com - Quantum Metaphysics - by Paul Levy

(9) YouTube Patricia Garfield: On Dreams and Dreaming - Thinking Allowed with Jeffrey Mislove

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Oct 2015 22:04

What a cool experience! Everything we experience--whether asleep or awake, subjective or objective--arises in our minds. When we experience the waking world, we believe it to be the perception of something that physically exists independent of our minds. It makes sense to believe this, and to act accordingly, in spite of the unfalsifiable possibility that we are merely brains in vats being fed an elaborate virtual reality by advanced software masters. (The Matrix or The Truman Show scenarios could be true!)

In a similar vein, we take dreaming--or sleep hallucinations--to be brain concoctions because neuroscientific evidence suggests that this is true, notwithstanding the possibility that our minds could tune into other dimensions during sleep.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 02 Nov 2015 02:47

hopi_dreams,
I already made a previous reply to your forum post. Your descriptions of your intense dream encounters with spirit-like beings really intrigue me. I sometimes go overboard recommending articles, books, videos, etc., but here are some more suggestions.

(1) Book "Conscious Dreaming: A Spiritual Guide For Everyday Life" by Robert Moss
(Amazon - Look inside - First pages) Robert describes how boyhood illness triggered his dreaming-awake flying in Aboriginal Dream Time. Later he dreams about receiving teachings from an Iroquois woman shaman.

(2) Article - Robert Moss Blog - mossdreams.blogspot.com - "Harriet Tubman's Dreams"

(3) Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner
Chapt. 5 - "Independent agents and the voice of the unconscious"
Chapt. 11 - "Varieties of dream figures"

(4) Article - "The Larger Self" by Richard Schwartz -selfleadership.org
The author, a psychotherapist, notices that several of his clients with eating disorders "described extensive conversations with what they called different parts of themselves." This led to development of Internal Family Systems Therapy

(5) If inner voices (dream characters) become troublesome, see -
Intervoice/ A Practical Guide To Coping With Voices - intervoiceonline.org

(6) Wikipedia - "Jungian Archetypes"

(7) Book "Jung On Active Imagination" by Carl Jung and Joan Chodorow (ed.)
Jung, in encounters with his own overwhelming dreams, learns to dialogue with archetypal dream figures, and later uses these methods with patients.

(8) YouTube - "Carl Jung - The Wisdom Of The Dream"
Part 1 - "A Life Of Dreams" (I suggest sample - 30 min. (overview) - 34:40 min. - Jung's dream about the Collective Unconscious
Part 2 - "Inheritance Of Dreams"
Part 3 - "A World Of Dreams"

(9) Books by Marie-Louise von Franz - A close associate with Carl Jung

(10) "Joseph Campbell and The Power Of Myth" - billmoyers.com
This was one of the most popular shows ever aired on PBS TV
Click on video - Beneath is transcript (6 episodes)

(10) Wikipedia - "Shamanism"

hopi_dreams

Postby hopi_dreams » 02 Nov 2015 02:53

Thank you so much for all the wonderful links. I am going through them slowly but thoroughly. :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Nov 2015 17:26

Suddenly there are hundreds of spirits surrounding me. They all have photos of their past, of their life, of their loved ones. They are all reaching for me, grabbing at me, slinging their photos at me.

This part with the photos, it sounds like symbolism to me rather then something which spirits would do. I wonder if you have or had been thinking about your own life, your past and present. That could create a dream like this.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”