Can't fall asleep fast enough

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Jakeman797

Can't fall asleep fast enough

Postby Jakeman797 » 01 Nov 2015 14:29

I have been trying to have a fild dream for the past week-ish. I managed to have my first lucid dream 2 days ago, but I can't seem to reproduce the results. It seems like every time I wake up, I either take too long to fall asleep, and give up on the finger moving, or I fall asleep almost instantly, and don't have time to do the finger thing. Is there any method that I could use to maybe fall asleep faster when I wake up at 4-5 in the morning?

Salman Khan

Re: Can't fall asleep fast enough

Postby Salman Khan » 03 Nov 2015 10:49

Hello,

FILD technique works only if you are fully tired after waking up. So if you are not able to sleep immediately after you wake up, do some stretching exercise to fatigue your body.If you still are not able to drift to sleep, then stop trying FILD and switch to WILD. And as you said sometimes you drift to sleep very fast, I guess being awake for just 30-40 seconds can be manageable as this is the ideal duration for FILD. And don't forget to do RC after those 30 seconds :)

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”