How can I have more vivid dreams, No more videogames?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
DreamJosh

How can I have more vivid dreams, No more videogames?

Postby DreamJosh » 10 Nov 2015 17:34

I have been a gamer for a long time and I am getting bored with videogame dreams, I want my dreams to be more vivid, creative, and epic. I want to see a mountain, or Rome, or a forest, or something awesome. Last night in my dream I was in a fancy castle but I was playing Street Fighter 4. I also was playing a card game with someone and then my dream turned into a videogame again. The background of my dream was lush, but I was focused on the videogame part of my dream.

So my question is, How do you have more vivid, creative, and epic dreams? I am willing to give up videogames if my dreams can become vivid. Is that what I should do? Are there any techniques out there that can make your dreams more vivid?

Yumekai

Re: How can I have more vivid dreams, No more videogames?

Postby Yumekai » 29 Jan 2016 06:44

videogames actually help with lucid dreams, so don't stop! A dream journal is your best bet on more vivid dreams.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Carter Blunt

Postby Carter Blunt » 30 Jan 2016 14:52

I have the same problem. And yeah, laying off the videogames can help, but it would probably take a while to get rid of them completely. But if you keep having dreams about the same game, like in my case GTA5 online... every night I would dream about it. Shooting grenades at grenaders, shooting rockets at rocketers, stunt jumping, melee juggling, etc. Sometimes it was fun, like when I was in a speed boat. Other times it was exactly like playing the videogame, only while asleep.

But I also had a dream just the other night that I was getting attacked by a Skyrim werewolf and was trying to kill him, then accidentally turned into a werewolf myself and had to finish him off in werewolf form by knocking him to the ground and doing the 3-hit power attack. A few weeks before that, I had a dream that I was using Saints Row gameplay against the "banana men" in Prototype 2 or something, in the yellow radiation suits. I haven't played either Skyrim, Saints Row, or Prototype in months.

I'd also have to disagree that it helps with lucid dreaming. In none of the above dreams did I become lucid. And none of my lucid dreams have had anything at all to do with videogames. Even when I'm actively in the dream, and menus pop up, I don't have a clue I'm dreaming. I used one of these menus to skip ahead, spawned on top of some girls heads in a public pool, and had no clue I was dreaming.

Carter Blunt

Postby Carter Blunt » 30 Jan 2016 18:31

Before I started playing too much GTA, I had Netflix streaming. So instead of playing videogames, I was watching Netflix all day on my PS4. I would watch the entirety of one TV series, then move on to the next. I've had some pretty cool dreams involving major characters from shows I watched. I don't remember any videogame dreams from that time.

But yeah, try to avoid playing any particular gameplay for hours and hours and hours. It's the gameplay that kills dreams. Story focused games are ok, I think. As long as you don't get your brain fixated on the gameplay. The sad thing is, you will probably not become lucid on a videogame dream. Then again, it might be entirely different if it's a first person perspective. That kind of puts you inside the game a little more. Or that gameplay might kill it too, I don't really know, since I don't play many first person games.

InceptionTravel

Postby InceptionTravel » 02 Mar 2016 20:06

Play Assassins Creed

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”