Weird 'Dreams' Whilst Fully Awake

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
tgaolly

Weird 'Dreams' Whilst Fully Awake

Postby tgaolly » 16 Nov 2015 20:32

Basically, I've been having really weird experiences:
I'm still fully conscious, but i'm drawn into a semi-vivid dream (after few minutes after trying to go to sleep). The only annoying thing is that in these 'dreams' there is always something that snaps me right out of them, and causes me to 'jolt' in the process. This thing that snaps me out of it is usually an impact or the sense of free falling.

I recall this one time when I was sitting in bed with my eyes shut, and suddenly, piece by piece, this ultra fuzzy dream scene appears. I was in a hallway which somehow I knew was in a hotel. This person stepped out at me, and swung a object at me.

I woke up, and suddenly jaggedly moved.

Please can someone tell me what this means.

taniaaust1

Re: Weird 'Dreams' Whilst Fully Awake

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Nov 2015 17:09

Sounds like you are just going into a dream state, its common to do this just after going to bed and its normal to be fully conscious when lucid dreaming but it would only be a lucid dream if you are also aware you are dreaming while having the experience.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

xenoptix

Postby xenoptix » 30 Nov 2015 10:30

taniaaust1 wrote:Sounds like you are just going into a dream state, its common to do this just after going to bed and its normal to be fully conscious when lucid dreaming but it would only be a lucid dream if you are also aware you are dreaming while having the experience.

That's a misconception and contradictory in its very own definition.

What most fail to recognize or deliberately won't tell you is that we all dream lucid - the only thing and key is, to recall. What meditation or brainwave entrainment really does prior to get "lucid" as they call it, is to aid you to get your etheric body in sync with the etheric plane - in turn this will help you to "download" your dream data and interpret what happened. Whilst fully awake and aware you are entering an Astral-state / projection or OBE.

What the OP experienced is an OBE.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Dec 2015 11:15

xenoptix wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Sounds like you are just going into a dream state, its common to do this just after going to bed and its normal to be fully conscious when lucid dreaming but it would only be a lucid dream if you are also aware you are dreaming while having the experience.

That's a misconception and contradictory in its very own definition.

What most fail to recognize or deliberately won't tell you is that we all dream lucid - the only thing and key is, to recall.

The general recognised definition of what a lucid dream is, is a dream in which a person is aware at the time they are dreaming. For most people that doesn't happen much or very rarely.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”