YOUTUBE RED - NO CHOICE ABOUT NEW $9.99 FEE ??!!

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
jasmine2

YOUTUBE RED - NO CHOICE ABOUT NEW $9.99 FEE ??!!

Postby jasmine2 » 17 Nov 2015 03:39

YouTube recently started a new "YouTube Red" subscription service with a $9.99 per month subscription fee.

I like to view videos on YouTube, from time to time. It is always annoying having to deal with ads, but I often just mute the sound on an ad until I can click to end it. YouTube Red subscription service will supposedly offer much ad-free content to viewers, plus offer advantages for people who post videos, which will, hopefully, encourage the production of more high quality videos.

Today, when I visited YouTube, it now appears that I MUST sign in using a personal Google account. I really, really do not want to pay $120 per year to occasionally watch YouTube videos, even if this fee allows me to screen out ads.

Here are some articles which discuss YouTube Red subscription accounts.

- "YouTube Will Completely Remove Videos Of Creators Who Don't Sign It's Red Subscription Deal" - techcrunch.com

- YouTube Red, A $9.99 Site-Wide Ad-Free Subscription With Play Music Launches Oct. 28" - techcrunch.com

- "Forced Google Plus Integration On YouTube Backfires, Petition Hits 112,000" - zdnet.com

I welcome any comments from other forum members concerning the new YouTube Red, forced subscription
service.

jasmine2

Re: YOUTUBE RED - NO CHOICE ABOUT NEW $9.99 FEE ??!!

Postby jasmine2 » 21 Nov 2015 00:55

Well, I finally created a Google personal account (free), so now I can use this account password to sign into YouTube. Previously, no password was needed to view YouTube videos.

I had been resisting creating a Google personal account, mainly because I do not like having to keep track of lots of different account passwords.

The YouTube Home page seems to have changed a bit, so there is now less of a push to get viewers to sign up for the new "YouTube Red" subscription service ($9.99 per month), which I do not want.

seanEE

Postby seanEE » 21 Nov 2015 18:15

Did they want to scan your micro chip implant to register ;) or did you give them you finger print on you iPhone :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
''you must excuse my personality''

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 22 Nov 2015 02:05

To seanee,
I (reluctantly) provided samples of DNA and frontal lobe brain tissue, and I had to take an "ink blot" psychological test.

jasmine2

seanEE

Postby seanEE » 22 Nov 2015 21:25

The things you have to do these days just to watch some funny cat videos. :)
''you must excuse my personality''

Return to “Off-Topic”