Waking Up In The Mysterious Quantum/Conscious Universe

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
jasmine2

Waking Up In The Mysterious Quantum/Conscious Universe

Postby jasmine2 » 18 Nov 2015 05:07

I highly recommend the very thought-provoking articles at this website -
- awakeninthedream.com by Paul Levy - Awaken In The Dream

Articles/series include -
"Quantum Meta-Physics", "Quantum Physics: The Physics Of Dreaming", "God The Imagination", "The World Is Psyche", and others.

Here are some excerpts -
- "What if our dreams are actually waking us up?"

- "Quantum Theory demands a radical re-visioning of the role that consciousness plays in the unfolding of reality."

- "Our perception of the universe is a part of the universe happening through us that has an instantaneous effect on the universe we are observing."

- (Carl Jung) - "The realm of the psyche is immeasurably great and filled with living reality. At its brink lies the secret of matter and spirit."

- "...this universe doesn't exist in the way we've been imagining it does ..."

- "Matter is an image in our mind."

- "Quantum entities are simultaneously waves and particles."

- "The material world is composed of myriad elementary quantum events incessantly flashing in and out of existence, pulsating in and out of the underlying field of infinite potentiality every nanosecond."

- Quantum physics reveals that it is a mistake in our thinking to imagine that two separate entities, such as ... the sun and ourselves, are interacting; the emphasis in the quantum world is on undivided wholeness. The two seemingly separate entities are actually inseparable parts of a more inclusive entity that includes and unites them both."

- "Subatomic particles don't exist as things, but rather, as events ... ever changing ..."

- "... matter is composed of 99.99999999% empty space ..."

- "After our shift in perspective, the age-old idea that we are composed of (crystalized) light - that we are stardust - makes more sense. Our essential being isn't simply made of light; it IS light. The calcium in our bones and the iron in our blood are literally forged in stars."

Summerlander

Re: Waking Up In The Mysterious Quantum/Conscious Universe

Postby Summerlander » 18 Nov 2015 08:47

Scientists at the University of New South Wales have just violated Bell's inequality--which places limits such as 'local influence only' and 'the realism that physical objects don't need to be observed in order to exist'--in a quantum entanglement experiment.

This means that Einstein was wrong with his 'hidden variables' theory and that there is something really 'spooky' going on at the quantum level ... :geek:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 21 Dec 2015 03:20

The article - "Quantum Metaphysics" by Paul Levy has apparently be moved to website - documents.mx

The author's other articles can still be viewed at website - awakeninthedream.com - Awaken In The Dream

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Dec 2015 12:22

Some of what Paul Levy says regarding the source of evil and human suffering ('wetiko'), and how to overcome it, makes sense. I find his disquisitions quite educational. Thinking of oneself as being an individual separate from the world can indeed be problematic as it is a form of delusional isolation, unsatisfactoriness, and leads to impractical dissent to the way things are.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Arcus

Postby Arcus » 29 Dec 2015 02:00

Hello everyone,

So I read quantum physics and since I study physics I needed to read it. However I believe it's being taken to far here. There is nothing special about the word quantum, and there is no quantum universe. Quantum mechanics are just a set of proven theories that accurately predicts events at a very small scale.
It is true that electrons and other particles are both waves and particles and have a duality. I won't pretend I fully understand quantum physics, but I do know that a rule for quantum mechanical laws is that they need to reduce to classical laws at relatively high energies or distances. So although individual electrons might have particle wave duality, when you put them together the individual electrons have duality, but the effect is lost for the object that makes them up.

Although there is a lot of weird stuff that happens in the sub atomic world which we cannot possibly understand, it is no reason to put the word quantum in front of everything. We live in a quantum mechanical universe, and in fact your phones work on its effects. For example, touch screens work via quantum tunneling.

While quantum mechanics can have word effects on small scales, it reduces to completely normal stuff on large scales. Dreams have nothing to do with quantum mechanics, although the biology might, but that would always be the case, it is on fact why we can store and release energy.

Point is, we live in a quantum mechanical world. I just get a bit annoyed when I see the word where it doesn't belong ^.^
(Hell, I've seen quantum mechanical "medicine" or meditation, seriously apparently it sells)

Some articles and statements you posted were true, but some were pseudo science, or articles from normal news. Which sadly cannot always be trusted with this subject, as its pretty weird. and really physicists just follow the math, which implies certain stuff happens, and then that turns out to actually happen.

I'm not trying to say I fully understand it, but I do think it doesn't fit in this context ^.^

and if anyone wants to talk about quantum mechanics or other physics with me, I would love to, its really interesting :D

You may also talk to me about other stuff, if you ask nicely >:(

Have a nice day

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Dec 2015 10:44

I understand where you're coming from, mate. I get annoyed with that, too. It's just natural that the De Broglie wavelength gets wider the smaller the object. Nothing supernatural there. The laws of physics are fundamentals which naturally manifested since the Big Bang. We are still trying to understand the roots of reality but, like you said, quantum theory is technologically very practical in the world today.

- Padmasambhava

Arcus

Postby Arcus » 29 Dec 2015 12:39

Glad you understand :)

Quantum mechanics is really interesting and I encourage everyone to learn a bit about about it! Some subjects can really blow your mind, and the basics aren't too mathematically complex. Just watch that you find a real scientific article about it, and not some interpretation or pseudo science.

And you summer, you seem pretty well informed about a lot of subjects :D Can I ask what you studied?

And of course, have a nice day

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Dec 2015 16:46

I studied Illustration at Westminster University--I'm an artist at heart, you see! :-D

But one of my hobbies is to read books (mostly non-fiction). I delve into a wide range of subjects and then try to form a sound opinion. I love science because it follows the evidence where it leads (so I guess in this respect I'm like you and hence why I found your post pretty sound). I've read books by Stephen Hawking, James Kakalios, Brian Cox, Lawrence Krauss, Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, Sam Harris, Susan Blackmore and Richard Feynman.

Other subjects I'm into are history, politics, philosophy, sociology, psychology and religion. Currently reading a book about submarines during the Cold War and the Falklands conflict by Stuart Prebble. It's good to be well-informed; that way one can have an informed opinion. ;-)

Plus my wife is the quiz master of general knowledge. :-D

- Padmasambhava

Arcus

Postby Arcus » 29 Dec 2015 21:17

Nice, to be honest I didn't expect you to be an artist ^.^ but why not.

It's always nice when someone is interested in stuff, especially when the fields stretch such a broad area. Myself I'm afraid an kept too busy at the moment with my studies to start reading so much. I would like to, but being a student I don't have money to buy so many books, but I'm mostly lacking time. So the time I do have for myself I relax and game or something. Although I do believe I have a good general knowledge I gotta admit the only thing I'm actually (starting to get) knowledgeable about is physics. But I still have a life time ahead of me :D

Also, as an offer to Jasmine2, if you want I can tell you which of the above statements in my limited knowledge about the subject are scientifically accurate, and which ones aren't. So you can review the statements in another light perhaps :)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Dec 2015 21:59

I think Jasmine2 may argue against our physicalist stance but that may be a good thing. I'm up for a debate where we put pseudoscience to rest here. :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”