I reached SP but couldn't dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
plokijjikolp

I reached SP but couldn't dream

Postby plokijjikolp » 18 Nov 2015 12:29

Last night, I was fully relaxed and was able to reach SP. My whole body was numb, almost as if it was fading away/translucent. Thing is, I didn't have hypnagogia and I couldn't enter a dream. Eventually I fell asleep.

Why couldn't I enter a dream? Did I have to do an OBE exit then, and if so, how can I avoid moving my physical body instead of my real?

Thanks!

Also, later today I'll finally be able to get Vitamin B6. I've heard it helps with vivid dreams and recall, which I'm not good at. Plus, it's alot cheaper than the choline+melatonin combo. Anyone have experience with it?
Dreams as of 4/25/16:
Lucids: 1 DILD
FAs: 0
Recorded dreams: 18

Peter

Re: I reached SP but couldn't dream

Postby Peter » 19 Nov 2015 10:00

You were already there but fought it with logic, its very hard but just submit to the SP, welcome it and allow it to take you away.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

plokijjikolp

Postby plokijjikolp » 19 Nov 2015 11:55

Thanks! I tried it last night (The spinning sensation is sort of scary at first) but I couldn't quite make it. I should try it with WBTB method on a weekend.

On a positive note, Vitamin B6 works pretty well! I took the smallest dosage (100mg) and I still had 5 dreams that were more vivid than usual. I am still pretty bad at dream recall, but I can remember 1 of them foggily. I'll try for a higher dosage later.
Dreams as of 4/25/16:
Lucids: 1 DILD
FAs: 0
Recorded dreams: 18

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Dec 2015 10:54

I suggest to stop aiming for SP as it can hinder some by making them unaware when they are dreaming if they continue on in a dream of being sleep paralysed. All it really does mean is that your body is relaxed enough to have a LD but it doesn't necessarily mean your mind is.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”