the trap of time limits

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
xenoptix

the trap of time limits

Postby xenoptix » 23 Nov 2015 23:58

Over the years I have encountered the following issue, enforced time limits set at random by invisible entities.
For example in co—created realms it happens that participants have a certain time to do something until whatever or a limit to get something which was supposed to be with you but you forgot to take with you. Or maybe a missed flight - which is in fact a huge lie because it is designed to force you out of the realm for whatever reason.

Once you fall into the trap - which you always will because they are very good in tricking you - you end up with playing their rules. This really sucks. When I wake up I realize what happened but then it’s obviously too late.

How to avoid the time limit trap?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Lonely Tear

Re: the trap of time limits

Postby Lonely Tear » 24 Nov 2015 23:43

Time is an interesting and a messy thing when it comes to dreams.. you cant tell how much you have spent in a dream and 5 minutes can sometimes feel like eternity, witch is both good and bad.

in all honesty im not sure how to answer your question, so ill try to back it up with an experience of my own. i think i understand what are you trying to say. in lot of my dreams there is usualy a theme, or a scenario that takes place, once i have completed a task or few of them the time is up and i start slowly wakeing up. im not sure how to avoid this trap, but an interesting thing about it is, that recently i noticed 2 patterns:

1. my dream characters start to hint on me wakeing up or it happening soon in various ways.
2. a wierd blocky white mist starts showing up in objects and the air around the dream, eventualy consuming me and ending my dream.

one of my dreams ended followed by both of thise patterns:
i was DJ playing music for a lot of people in a nightclub of sorts, and everyone was enjoying the tunes, even 2 of my important dream characters came by to dance, it was a very fun scene seeing them jump around and enjoying themselfs. by as my song was nearing its end, i started to notice the white mist showing up on the dancefloor, i jumped up trying to hold 2 little clouds with my hands and stop them from expanding, in my stuggle i saw 2 of my dream characters laughing and leaving the danceclub saying that it was fun and they will see me again later, waveing their hands and going away.
not so long after, i saw a 3. dream character show up, witch i belive represents my sub-con and along with her a 3. mist cloud, she looked at me for the moment, and then shattered the cloud with consumed the place, everything went white for the moment and i woke up later on.
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

xenoptix

Postby xenoptix » 25 Nov 2015 08:21

Lonely Tear wrote:Time is an interesting and a messy thing when it comes to dreams.. you cant tell how much you have spent in a dream and 5 minutes can sometimes feel like eternity, witch is both good and bad.

in all honesty im not sure how to answer your question, so ill try to back it up with an experience of my own. i think i understand what are you trying to say. in lot of my dreams there is usualy a theme, or a scenario that takes place, once i have completed a task or few of them the time is up and i start slowly wakeing up. im not sure how to avoid this trap, but an interesting thing about it is, that recently i noticed 2 patterns:

1. my dream characters start to hint on me wakeing up or it happening soon in various ways.
2. a wierd blocky white mist starts showing up in objects and the air around the dream, eventualy consuming me and ending my dream.

one of my dreams ended followed by both of thise patterns:
i was DJ playing music for a lot of people in a nightclub of sorts, and everyone was enjoying the tunes, even 2 of my important dream characters came by to dance, it was a very fun scene seeing them jump around and enjoying themselfs. by as my song was nearing its end, i started to notice the white mist showing up on the dancefloor, i jumped up trying to hold 2 little clouds with my hands and stop them from expanding, in my stuggle i saw 2 of my dream characters laughing and leaving the danceclub saying that it was fun and they will see me again later, waveing their hands and going away.
not so long after, i saw a 3. dream character show up, witch i belive represents my sub-con and along with her a 3. mist cloud, she looked at me for the moment, and then shattered the cloud with consumed the place, everything went white for the moment and i woke up later on.

thanks for the reply - yes that's exactly what I was talking about
you can see that this really sucks and nothing more
I tell myself every time before going to bed that there aren't any things that I have forgotten or that I don't need any tickets that I supposedly forgot to bring with me etc... when falling into the trap jumping for them through the hoops and trying to get these tickets then the dreams end and you wake up

there's something going on....

Lonely Tear

Postby Lonely Tear » 25 Nov 2015 16:24

i didnt figure out a way to avoid thise traps as you call them, coz in a way im alright with them. while lucid dreaming is very very fun and i cant wait to return to it when i go to sleep and continue my adventures, i also want to rest my mind a little bit and be mentally rested for the morning. most dreams are short, but they tend to feel like they last for long, so tx to this time-twisting behind the dreams, i can do a lot and have fun in one night and it will feel like it lasted for about an hour or more.

so, it dosnt really suck that badly in the end, its just the matter of practise and how well you spend your time in dreams.
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”