Total blackness in the lucid dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Salman Khan

Total blackness in the lucid dream

Postby Salman Khan » 25 Nov 2015 06:12

Hello Guys,

Just experienced a lucid dream last night. Have some question related to that. It would be great if you can help me.

1) . The dream started with me sitting in a railway station. I just accidentally did a hand penetration RC. It did not work. But breathing through nose worked. The same (Hand penetration ) RC had worked before. Can someone tell me why some RCs don't work every time? And which RC to rely on.

2) . OK so after doing RC and confirming it is dream, I experienced total blackness in the dream. I thought of changing the scene by Spinning method. But it didn't work. Can anyone tell me why? Finally I woke up scared. Is there any good and effective way to create dream scene?

Lonely Tear

Re: Total blackness in the lucid dream

Postby Lonely Tear » 26 Nov 2015 23:26

RC work in a wierd way, you can never rely on one for too long, as they can change constantly, you need to find a patern in your dreams that can hint that your dreaming, something that you dream about offten. or find a universal RC that you have meet so many times before, that its iconic to the dream already, so you will figure out that your dreaming almost instantly the moment you see it (however this takes some time as you need to lucid dream for a while). RCs that brake reality, like flying or penetration one are good choise.

For me, in my early days of lucid dreaming, i used the penetration, flight check, hand check, and reading check...

i found patterns in my dreams, and thats where i meet my Dream characters, as i saw them more and more, they became something excluseive to my dreams and as soon as i saw them, i knew i was dreaming.

and most recently, i have 3 universal ways to do a RC:
1- i have a special ring given to me by one of dream characters, if i see it on my finger, ill know im dreaming
2- meeting any of my dream characters
3- finding a special trinket in a shape of heart, with a leaf, feather and crystal in the middle. it was made for me by my dream characters and acts as a gateway of a sort that can lead me to island where my dream characters reside. aside from traveling, i use it as a reality check as 90% of the time it will be found in dreams not linked to my world. (also, my profile picture)

to try and answer your second question:

sometimes blackness can be part where your mind is clearing up and prepering to wake up, but i belive that for people that are geting into lucid dreams this is more of a Barrier: you just figured out that your dreaming, ok... what now... and boom, you arent sure what to do here... or maybe you know what you want to do but you cant make it happend just yet.

i advice trying to close your eyes for the moment and imagine something or someone next to you, or maybe trying to travel to some location, when you open your eyes you just might be there. and try well to imagine how it will look like, maybe imagine the wind, or people talking, visualise it best you can. lastly, try to make something. when i started, i was meeting a lot of dream characters, and at one point one of them promessed me she will see me again when im able to make a little seed grow into something, before this point i never tried to change object or course of a dream, i was just observing it. but coz i wanted to see her again, i was stuck there for long long time, nights and nights have passed before i was able to alter something in a dream for the first time and make that little seed grow.

i hope this helps.
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

Salman Khan

Postby Salman Khan » 27 Nov 2015 05:28

Hi @Lonely Tear,

Thanks for the detailed explanation and your time :) . I will follow these steps for successful RCs and dream scene creation. I really hope this time I will be able to create something from my imagination.
Thanks again. This really helped.

Lonely Tear

Postby Lonely Tear » 27 Nov 2015 15:02

This really helped.

More then happy to help where i can, goodluck.
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”