Trouble visualizing and recalling

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
matts15

Trouble visualizing and recalling

Postby matts15 » 27 Nov 2015 05:11

Hey guys,

Ive been reading this website on and off for probably about a year or more now but I've never posted in the forums. I seem to get really into lucid dreaming then have trouble and get out of it and repeat the cycle with varying levels of effort, sometimes a lot of effort and sometimes less. I recently started getting back into trying to LD and I keep running into the same problems.

I have trouble visualizing anything in my head as I'm falling asleep or listening to a guided meditation/LD induction or whatever. I bought the LD fast track and I've tried the audio tracks included and when the speaker instructs you to visualize the door way and then the grass and trees scene, I cant create a picture in my head. This is frustrating and I don't know how to work on it. I can't place myself into scenes.

Also, I have a hard time recalling dreams even after attempting journaling and reality checks. My dreams are always seem very far away and sometimes I even realize I'm "kind of" dreaming but it's also like a distant thought.

Any advice on improving these problems? I feel like they are fundamental skills that are holding me back from advancing in my LD pursuit.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and respond!

Summerlander

Re: Trouble visualizing and recalling

Postby Summerlander » 27 Nov 2015 11:12

Have a read of this (in fact, read the whole thread for deeper pertinence and a useful diagram can be found, too):

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=164

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

matts15

Postby matts15 » 27 Nov 2015 18:50

Thank you for the reply! I read the thread from the post and it was interesting, though I do not see how it related. Maybe the wrong linked copied over or I missed something.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Dec 2015 10:50

You don't need to at all be able to visualise anything at all for lucid dreaming. It just means you cant do that LD technique which is only one of many different techniques.

The fact you cant remember dreams though is something you need to keep working on.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”