Hello hello! :) My names Forrest

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Forrest

Hello hello! :) My names Forrest

Postby Forrest » 30 Nov 2015 04:48

So this is my first time logging in I just woke up from a pretty vivid dream and failed to re-enter the dream :lol: anyways it was interesting even so.
I joined this forum in hopes to improve my lucid dreaming ability and meet others who practice this to :). I also want to work on my poor writing and English skills so if anyone wants to give me tips or help with that I would really appreciate that. But yeah hey if anyone ever wants to chat send me a message Id love to hear about your dreams to :). Thanks keep dreaming everyone.

xenoptix

Re: Hello hello! :) My names Forrest

Postby xenoptix » 30 Nov 2015 10:21

With the emerging conspiracy of the written word and speaking, we lost the ability of telepathy, which we must re-learn. We are thinking in pictures and not in numbers or letters of the alphabet.

... hope that helps to give some comforting "words".

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 30 Nov 2015 12:29

What conspiracy? :lol:

Language promotes consciousness as it creates concepts through labelling--besides playing the adjuvant role in mentally discriminating between components of our diverse objective world. It has its own descriptive power and begets unique forms of art in poetry and prose format; it highlights irony, sarcasm and satire; words can be powerful in persuasion, they can produce rhetoric. (Remember Shakespeare?)

Language describes fiction and non-fiction. It conjures images and vice versa. Nothing like a book to stimulate one's imagination! And numbers have the potential to unravel calculations that make our universe more fathomable in any scale. Yes, mathematics can be wonderful, too.

And there is no evidence for telepathy (none whatever), by the way. Saying we used to be telepathic and then lost the ability because we developed linguistically is like saying we used to have magical powers before language came along. Language is a high level of communication necessary for the progress of civilisation. Enough said. 8-)

Hi, Forrest! :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Forrest

Postby Forrest » 01 Dec 2015 09:21

:D :D :D :D
Summerlander wrote:What conspiracy? :lol:

Language promotes consciousness as it creates concepts through labelling--besides playing the adjuvant role in mentally discriminating between components of our diverse objective world. It has its own descriptive power and begets unique forms of art in poetry and prose format; it highlights irony, sarcasm and satire; words can be powerful in persuasion, they can produce rhetoric. (Remember Shakespeare?)

Language describes fiction and non-fiction. It conjures images and vice versa. Nothing like a book to stimulate one's imagination! And numbers have the potential to unravel calculations that make our universe more fathomable in any scale. Yes, mathematics can be wonderful, too.

And there is no evidence for telepathy (none whatever), by the way. Saying we used to be telepathic and then lost the ability because we developed linguistically is like saying we used to have magical powers before language came along. Language is a high level of communication necessary for the progress of civilisation. Enough said. 8-) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Their is no like button so I used those smile faces to express my appreciation :) Hello Sumerlander and thankyou

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Dec 2015 10:18

You're welcome! :-D

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

seanEE

Postby seanEE » 01 Dec 2015 22:15

xenoptix wrote:With the emerging conspiracy of the written word and speaking, we lost the ability of telepathy, which we must re-learn. We are thinking in pictures and not in numbers or letters of the alphabet.

... hope that helps to give some comforting "words".

Unlike some, If you have any evidence or reason to say what you do, Id like to hear. However if its just a hunch il have to stick with my usual boring response ''i don't know'

Hi forest
''you must excuse my personality''

seanEE

Postby seanEE » 01 Dec 2015 22:22

And there is no evidence for telepathy (none whatever), by the way. Saying we used to be telepathic and then lost the ability because we developed linguistically is like saying we used to have magical powers before language came along. Language is a high level of communication necessary for the progress of civilisation. Enough said. 8-)

Sumerlander. You know nothing of the topic he's taking about, That dose not make it a mistruth. Simply something you can't give an informed opinion about. There are many things yet to be discovered, It would be very arrogant to thing otherwise. I hope you can see the logic in this. :mrgreen:
''you must excuse my personality''

xenoptix

Postby xenoptix » 02 Dec 2015 00:16

seanEE wrote:

Sumerlander. You know nothing of the topic he's taking about, That dose not make it a mistruth. Simply something you can't give an informed opinion about. There are many things yet to be discovered, It would be very arrogant to thing otherwise. I hope you can see the logic in this. :mrgreen:

thank you

I refere also to the dream time of the Aborigines and dramatic cave paintings that tell important aspects of our forgotten past which can be found everywhere on Earth to prove we are thinking originally in pictures but not letters or
numbers neither do letters or spoken word promote anything spiritual or help with ascension - all they can do is to distract. When we meditate we are pushing images, not written text.

cheers

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Dec 2015 00:50

seanEE wrote:

I see the illogic for sure! :mrgreen:

It is indeed true that there are many things yet to be discovered, but, until they are discovered, it does not make sense to speak of them with undue certainty about their existence--so they remain hypothetical.

It is also true that some things are more hypothetical than others. The tooth fairy is definitely more hypothetical than, say, intelligent life elsewhere in our galaxy. And I'm afraid telepathy doesn't rank very high in probability. So forgive me if I still think unfounded affirmations stink. As far as I'm aware, there is no telepathy. (And for those of you who love parapsychology: Dr Michael Persinger failed to convince the scientific community. ) :twisted:

- Padmasambhava

xenoptix

Postby xenoptix » 02 Dec 2015 02:33

Summerlander wrote:
seanEE wrote:

I see the illogic for sure! :mrgreen:

It is indeed true that there are many things yet to be discovered, but, until they are discovered, it does not make sense to speak of them with undue certainty about their existence--so they remain hypothetical.

It is also true that some things are more hypothetical than others. The tooth fairy is definitely more hypothetical than, say, intelligent life elsewhere in our galaxy. And I'm afraid telepathy doesn't rank very high in probability. So forgive me if I still think unfounded affirmations stink. As far as I'm aware, there is no telepathy. (And for those of you who love parapsychology: Dr Michael Persinger failed to convince the scientific community. ) :twisted:

Thank you for your contribution but I know better.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”