MILD question

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Ayaleon

MILD question

Postby Ayaleon » 30 Nov 2015 06:48

Hey everyone, thanks for taking the moment to read!

For a while now I have been trying MILD, waking in the middle of the night - remembering my dream and imagining myself becoming lucid at a particular moment, thinking of what I would do if I became lucid all while thinking to myself "Next time I dream, I want to remember to recognize I am dreaming." Basically just following the many MILD techniques as described.

The problem I have is after an hour of this... I kind of want to go back to sleep but although I am incredibly tired, I don't feel like I am nearing sleep so I typically give up, roll over and try to sleep normally. I know most people think the longer the better because your intention to remember will be firmer, but an hour seems like a long time doesn't it?

Anyway, for the question - Is this normal? If so / not, how can I improve this.

Salman Khan

Re: MILD question

Postby Salman Khan » 10 Dec 2015 10:14

Hi ,

You are actually mixing MILD and WILD technique. MILD does not expect you to follow stop,drop and roll technique. Once you have repeated the mantra, just sleep in a normal way. If you are lucky, while dreaming you will realize that you are dreaming.

So after WBTB, just relax for sometime, repeat your mantra few times and goto sleep as in normal way. That should do it. Let me tell you MILD mantras are more effective if you keep repeating during the day also instead of just on WBTB. Hope it helps :)

Ayaleon

Re: MILD question

Postby Ayaleon » 11 Dec 2015 01:00

Thanks Salman,

I had almost given up hope of a response, but you have come through. That does make sense. I was reading Exploring the world of lucid dreaming by Stephen LaBerge, and under his MILD technique he says that your intention should be the last thing you think of before sleeping. I may have taken that too literally :D so I will take your advice in the coming weeks

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”