blackness

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
taniaaust1

blackness

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2015 23:45

I thought I'd share my last nights LD as I know many have the issue with blackness and not able to see when they first become lucid. This dream shows how I dealt with this on this occasion.

I'm close to waking up and suddenly become lucid in a dream but as I do so my dream blacks out, I'm still dreaming though so I ignore the blackness and think what to do. I step on something so reach down to pick it up, I find it's a rope. I decide to see if I can lasso something but unfortunately still don't have any dream sight in, I keep trying to ignore the lack of vision knowing that if I do it should end up just coming in so just think of an object in the distance and throw the rope lasso. My sight still doesn't come in but I get a feeling that I did lasso something.

I give up with the rope as this is no fun when you cant see what you are doing.

I start walking and see (my sight came in as soon as I wasn't thinking about it) an outside scene of where someone lives (it may of been a caravan, if not it was a very small place, my memory is foggy). Right outside the dwelling is a table covered in various objects. There is some wine on it so I decide to pour myself a glass as I wonder what that will taste like in a dream.

It tastes like ordinary wine but as I don't usually drink wine and have no interest in becoming drunk in a dream and loosing my clarity so I decide not to have another glass. At this point I loose the dream as I physically wake up as it was my wake up time.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

ToastedToast

Re: blackness

Postby ToastedToast » 08 Jan 2016 00:51

taniaaust1 wrote:(my sight came in as soon as I wasn't thinking about it)

I have had 1 experience (pretty sure it was a wake-induced lucid dream), and it just began and ended in blackness. It happened 2 nights ago. Basically I drifted into an unconscious-consciousness. All I saw was blackness/the backs of my eye lids. I tried to open my eyes as hard as I could and I also tried to move, but I couldn't. So basically you're saying above that if you don't think about it, you will see? I'm also a beginner at lucid dreaming stuff so maybe that's a reason I can't see yet

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Jan 2016 07:41

Dont worry about it, sight is the hardest sense to engage as it is so easy to get stressed and this causes you to open your real eyes and wake up. Just forget about it and start walking, you wont or can fall or if you do so what its the dream world so no sweat. This sets up some tactile sensations and will embed you solidly in the dream and your sight will slowly come right
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Jan 2016 17:09

ToastedToast wrote: I have had 1 experience (pretty sure it was a wake-induced lucid dream), and it just began and ended in blackness. It happened 2 nights ago. Basically I drifted into an unconscious-consciousness. All I saw was blackness/the backs of my eye lids. I tried to open my eyes as hard as I could and I also tried to move, but I couldn't.

to me that sounds like you were just in the sleep paralyses state.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”