Hints to Dreaming

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
XyrinArcaiin

Hints to Dreaming

Postby XyrinArcaiin » 02 Dec 2015 23:42

A few weeks ago I had a dream about becoming Lucid- the entire dream was pretty much a dead giveaway to the fact that I was dreaming but it didn't click. I moved to Alaska recently but my dream was set in my old house in Washington.

I sat down on a chair outside and closed my eyes, instantly my dream character shouted "I'm dreaming!" and started trying to calm down as to not spoil the moment and wake up. I even felt a euphoric rush but nothing happened. A second later the euphoric rush ended and the dream continued on it's normal course and started to get surreal. When I woke up I was extremely annoyed that I didn't have a Lucid Dream.

How can I stop this kind of stuff from happening? I hate when I'm given perfect opportunities to have a Lucid Dream and I fail to take it.

RealityCheck

Re: Hints to Dreaming

Postby RealityCheck » 04 Dec 2015 16:03

Firstly,
I moved to Alaska recently
, I gotta say that's awesome :) Always wanted to go to Alaska.

So are you somewhat new to lucid dreaming? Having dreams about lucid dream happens very often among beginners and is a sign that you are close to your real, stunning lucid dream.

I'm not very knowledgeable with this, but when you do achieve lucidity, it's best that you immediately do a RC and stabilize your dream i.e. rub your hands, spin around. If you still had your eyes closed when you became lucid, you may have moved onto your 'next dream scene' and lost your lucidity immediately.

If you started lucid dreaming just recently, I'd say that you're making good progress! I don't know if this applies for everyone, but for me, I try hard not to close my eyes in a dream since it always messes things up or causes me to open my real eyes and wake up. You're getting there! :D
How to wake yourself up

XyrinArcaiin

Re: Hints to Dreaming

Postby XyrinArcaiin » 08 Dec 2015 04:00

Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately the main problem was my adrenaline rush, I had to calm down before I could really do anything or risk exiting the dream entirely. Now that I know what it feels like I think I might be able to take the next opportunity. :D

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”