What reality checks are best for me?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Guitar48300

What reality checks are best for me?

Postby Guitar48300 » 27 Jun 2012 04:55

A week ago I discovered what my dreamsigns are and I wanna know what reality checks can help me recognize them.

My dreamsigns:
1. The setting is somewhere ive never been to before
ex: I had a dream where I was starting my next school year. but "my school" looked nothing like my school and Ive never seen that school before
2. The plot is something I would have no idea about in waking life:
ex: I had a dream I was looking for a ring that I lost in an amusement park. But I never even saw the ring before I lost it, nor do I know why I was looking for it or even had it in the first place. I knew it wasnt one of those million dollar treasure rings.

I didnt notice these were dreams until I woke up and wrote them down. So now im wondering what reality checks would be best for me.
Last edited by Guitar48300 on 25 Jul 2012 01:39, edited 1 time in total.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

WildCat23

Re: What reality checks are best for me?

Postby WildCat23 » 29 Jun 2012 18:00

Assuming you play guitar, doing one while your practicing would be good.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

rothgar

Re: What reality checks are best for me?

Postby rothgar » 06 Jul 2012 01:48

Here's my take... just my own experience... what reality check you perform is less important than the fact that you do reality checks periodically and seriously question your reality. I am noticing the interesting phenomenon that now my subconscious seems to be giving me the hints I need to become lucid. While RCs helped me become lucid a few times... the preponderance of times I just realize it... dont even need to RC to confirm it. You need a mindset that you could actually be dreaming at any time... RCs help form that mindset, but it takes time to form that.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”