Rare Vivid Nightmares

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
RealityCheck

Rare Vivid Nightmares

Postby RealityCheck » 04 Dec 2015 15:54

I haven't been achieving LDs for few days or weeks now, and last night, I had a very long and vivid nightmare which I rarely get. I'm aware nightmares often occurs when emotionally unstable or stressed or anything around those lines, but I can't quite seem to figure out why I got such a long nightmare. I could remember everything that happened.

In the beginning it was just me getting in trouble for slapping my classmate. I was pretty scared cause I was on the verge of getting expelled. Then next scene I was on an inactive train with my two friends. The train started to move all the sudden, so I jumped off in start, and the train began racing off while my friends screamed for help.

The last scene was me driving a motorcycle (was very difficult since I've never ridden one before) to supposedly find my friends again. I got off beside a sidewalk with a huge, wide road ahead. It was night time, and I remember seeing those creepy streetlights giving off that orange glow in the dark.

I saw a dark skinned man that I thought was a woman at first staggering/slithering/hopping towards me. I had never been so terrified in a dream for a long time, and I wanted to scream on top of my lungs, but no sound came out. I couldn't run or talk.

I was not quite lucid, but at one point through the nightmare, I thought of my DC and wanted to summon him, but for some reason, I was discouraged with the fact that I was in a nightmare and forgot about it. It seems that others who don't know what it's like to experience vivid dreams/LD can't understand the horrors of vivid nightmares. :mrgreen:
How to wake yourself up

taniaaust1

Re: Rare Vivid Nightmares

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Dec 2015 11:46

Nightmares can happen also when bad stuff from our past surfaces due to our subconsciousness wanting to clear it or they can happen esp in the case of a vivid ones, if our waking mind has come into the dream but we haven't gained understanding yet that its actually a dream (that will make any dream far more terrifying and then the waking mind thoughts make it far more creepy as it will react to anything not nice in the dream eg thoughts can then flow like oh that light is creepy so with "creepy" thoughts comes then a creepy man).

Seeing at one point you almost became lucid, do you think your waking mind may of been experiencing that dream?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

RealityCheck

Re: Rare Vivid Nightmares

Postby RealityCheck » 10 Dec 2015 14:10

I don't recall anything terrible happening before that dream. I had a couple of stressful moments and things, but I really am not certain what caused me to suddenly have a nightmare that I rarely get.

Stress leads to nightmares like this? I've had bad dreams related to what I'm stressed about, but this one, I really don't know what caused it.
How to wake yourself up

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”