Lucid but not exactly :/

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
kakarot

Lucid but not exactly :/

Postby kakarot » 04 Dec 2015 22:19

Hello so this may sound very strange but I just had what felt like a 40 minute lucid dream now my dreams usually make absolutely no sense and this one was no exception i was just walking around my pool and i suddenly became lucid and was like wow okay and started looking around and stuff but i didnt exactly feel in control (i've only been lucid twice before) i felt like i was lucid but my brain just wouldnt make any sense i wanted to fly but nothing would happen and then all of the sudden I am a cyborg fighting the world from another planet and i was fighting this guy and i tried to teleport behind him but it wouldnt work so i left and looked in a mirror because at this point i was so confused and frightened i said okay i want to wake up now and i just couldnt wake up i felt as if i was no longer lucid but i was, so i looked in the mirror because thats how you can tell if you're dreaming and i saw myself fine just a bit off and my eyes than rolled back and i was like hmm okay that is weird after that i looked at a clock cause that also helps and i did see the numbers change but was just overall frustrated and then i saw this guru guy who looked like Ed Norton telling me what to do to stay lucid and i was like wow okay and then i just woke up and felt as if I was never even lucid, such a strange experience. Any thoughts or comments or even tips on how I can be extremely conscious when i'm lucid? (Please do not comments on any OBE subjects or any paranormal things i don't do those things whatsoever)

Enra Traz

Re: Lucid but not exactly :/

Postby Enra Traz » 05 Dec 2015 18:53

You must go from the astral plane to the the upper astral in order to be more focused.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Dec 2015 19:07

Oh cut it out, Enra! Didn't you read what Kakarot wrote properly? No fairytales! :-D

Sorry about Enra, my friend. Read this entire thread as I reckon it will help you:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Dec 2015 11:12

so i looked in the mirror because thats how you can tell if you're dreaming

All reality checks in dreams including that can possibly fail at times causing someone to miss being aware they are dreaming. Usually if a person isn't sure, that usually means they are dreaming.

Lucid dreams are ones conscious mind and unconscious mind coming together to create a reality, so just cause you was suddenly cyborg fighting, that doesn't mean you weren't in a lucid dream.

The fact that you were trying to do things knowing you should be able to do them as you were dreaming, shows you were lucid. Being lucid happens with various degrees of lucidity. It is easier to stay in a less lucid dream then one is which one is completely controlling the dream and thinking very straight so this may of been a good thing. I personally suggest not to worry about that if you are new to this and just enjoy your current experiences. When you are more experienced at LD you could do things like program yourself to ask certain questions in the dream to boost your level of lucidity.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”