First Close Encounter

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
GraceHurt

First Close Encounter

Postby GraceHurt » 05 Dec 2015 13:49

Hello everyone, I've been reading Lucid Dreaming by Charlie Morley, doing reality checks throughout the day, logging all dreams and reading through them, and trying to focus on lucid dreaming and awareness of myself as I'm going to sleep.

I had my first close encounter last night where my boyfriend was sat next to me saying "Grace, wake up, you're dreaming" repeatedly but I just couldn't get there. Any tips? Excited and disppointed slightly at the same time.

Also, any reccomended reading following this book?

Thanks! :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

seanEE

Re: First Close Encounter

Postby seanEE » 06 Dec 2015 20:46

Hi grace hurt, keep at what your doing, its frustrating but well worth it, some times its a matter of time rather than technique. :D
''you must excuse my personality''

adrien

Postby adrien » 18 Dec 2015 10:35

When i just started wanting to lucid dream the first or second night I had a dream where I went to a doctor of lucid dreaming and was telling him about the techniques i am using and asking him for more advice, our encounter was pretty long but I did not awake! Your dream is a good sign that your subconscious is working at it, keep doing what you are doing and be patient :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 18 Dec 2015 15:11

Hi! I'm in a similar place as you! I just found this website a few days ago and I've been dream journaling and practicing reality checks during the day, but it hasn't yet crossed over into my dreams! I have, however, had one dream where I was complaining to my husband that I hadn't had a lucid dream yet, and I had another one where I realized something "wasn't quite right" in the dream but it progressed as usual. Here's hoping we're both getting closer!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Return to “For Beginners”