Ringing in ears AFTER attempt at lucid dream? Please help?

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
silverbolt

Ringing in ears AFTER attempt at lucid dream? Please help?

Postby silverbolt » 07 Dec 2015 16:40

Okay, last night I tried to have a lucid fream through the WILD method, I'm no expert, but I believe that I got a good start. I got to the part when I experienced a sort of ringing/buzzing sound, and even though I knew it was coming, it kind of worried me so I stopped quickly. Here's the problem, even after I fully woke up, I can still hear that ringing! I expected it to go away, but it just continued and after hearing it on and off for the whole day, I went to sleep, and now today I can hear it again! I also seem to have a slight headache, and maybe slight pressure in ears, it's hard to tell for sure. I can hear perfectly fine though. It never fully stop, but I don't hear it when I don't think about it, for instance talking to someone, but when i do think about it theres no way to silence it. Please help, is there any way my attempt at lucid dreaming could have damaged my ears/mind?! Culd it be a coincidence that it started the same night? Or is it just a psychological thing? I heard that a similar noise is always present, maybe I simply made myself aware of it? I kind of still want to have a lucid dream, but I'm afraid to try again after this. Will it go away?

seanEE

Re: Ringing in ears AFTER attempt at lucid dream? Please hel

Postby seanEE » 07 Dec 2015 19:05

Be careful, Health and safety must always come first, People underestimate the inherent dangers of lying on your back, Pleas don't tell me that you let your brain actually stop thinking all together, :mrgreen:

Sorry, I have no idea what that could be, Is it a bad ringing?
If you asking dose it happen often, I've never herd of it.
I got the exact same thing as you, I thought some one was mowing the grass, But when i got up it stopped, and it turned out it was in my head :?
''you must excuse my personality''

silverbolt

Postby silverbolt » 07 Dec 2015 19:11

seanEE wrote:Be careful, Health and safety must always come first, People underestimate the inherent dangers of lying on your back, Pleas don't tell me that you let your brain actually stop thinking all together, :mrgreen:

Sorry, I have no idea what that could be, Is it a bad ringing?
If you asking dose it happen often, I've never herd of it.
I got the exact same thing as you, I thought some one was mowing the grass, But when i got up it stopped, and it turned out it was in my head :?

I actually wasn't lying on my back, I was lying on either my side or mostly stomach, I always do. I'm deffinately still thinking, and it's not bad, I can still function.

It's possible that it is in my head, I'm under stress from finals, and now worry about this.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

seanEE

Postby seanEE » 07 Dec 2015 19:39

You need to watch this video to the end, Live and die by thees wise words, for a peaceful and happy life. :D
It's the only meditation guide I have ever got any thing out of.

it dose contain some ''bad words'' if that bothers you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92i5m3tV5XY&list=PLSqAnkfbFfCaFI30AXVBVeqmVLOw79seV

silverbolt

Postby silverbolt » 08 Dec 2015 04:55

seanEE wrote:You need to watch this video to the end, Live and die by thees wise words, for a peaceful and happy life. :D
It's the only meditation guide I have ever got any thing out of.

it dose contain some ''bad words'' if that bothers you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92i5m3tV5XY&list=PLSqAnkfbFfCaFI30AXVBVeqmVLOw79seV

Okay thanks! To be honest I don't really go in much for meditation and all that, I'm very much just a casual wannabe lucid dreamer, nothing hardcore, lol.

I've been feeling a little under the weather all day todoay, so I'm wondering if these symptoms might simply be of a headcold and have nothing to do with lucid dreaming. If anyone else has any advice, I'd be glad to hear it though, I'll let you know what happens.

seanEE

Postby seanEE » 08 Dec 2015 18:33

A posible cause.
Before I start pleas don't let this put you off lucid dreaming, There not all like me here :D

There are many canaries that suffer greatly from, EMF fields,
Micro wave radiation, And strong electrical current.
''Canaries as in people that are more sensitive to thees new technologies''
They experience symptoms such as, Fatigue, Depression, Noise in there heads, Trouble sleeping, Brain fog,
So if you havant pictured me wearing a tin foil hat by now,
you could try turning off your WIFI, putting your phone on airplane mode, And reducing your time on screens, Just to see if it helps,

EMF pollution is like most others, It takes years for people to recognise it and take action.

Heres a link on the subject.

http://www.emfanalysis.com/ehs/

silverbolt

Postby silverbolt » 09 Dec 2015 00:17

seanEE wrote:A posible cause.
Before I start pleas don't let this put you off lucid dreaming, There not all like me here :D

There are many canaries that suffer greatly from, EMF fields,
Micro wave radiation, And strong electrical current.
''Canaries as in people that are more sensitive to thees new technologies''
They experience symptoms such as, Fatigue, Depression, Noise in there heads, Trouble sleeping, Brain fog,
So if you havant pictured me wearing a tin foil hat by now,
you could try turning off your WIFI, putting your phone on airplane mode, And reducing your time on screens, Just to see if it helps,

EMF pollution is like most others, It takes years for people to recognise it and take action.

Heres a link on the subject.

http://www.emfanalysis.com/ehs/

It's possible that's what it is.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 09 Dec 2015 05:29

Silverbolt,
You mentioned that you have been under stress related to school exams, and you may have a head cold. Hopefully, as these two problems resolve, the ringing in your ears will also resolve.

Over the years, I've often heard ringing, whooshing, and other strange sounds associated with with borderline sleep states, and many other people report similar phenomena. I recommend the following resources. -

- "Annoying Tinnitis associated with sleep paralysis" - spiritualforums.com
Posted by - gcgirl18

- Article - "The Mystery Of Hypnagogia" - dreamstudies.org - Ryan Hurd

- Article - "How To Navigate Nonphysical Environments" astralinfo.org - by William Buhlman

- Article - Vinpocetine for Tinnitis Treatment And Reduction - Does It Work?" - nootriment.com
This is an herbal remedy derived from a European plant known as Periwinkle or Vinca Minor.
- Caution - (under - Best Dosage ... ) Vinpocetine can present problems for people with pre-existing liver conditions."

- Also, I hope you are not in the habit of listening to loud music, especially with headphones, as this can cause permanent hearing problems.

silverbolt

Postby silverbolt » 09 Dec 2015 07:02

jasmine2 wrote:Silverbolt,
You mentioned that you have been under stress related to school exams, and you may have a head cold. Hopefully, as these two problems resolve, the ringing in your ears will also resolve.

Over the years, I've often heard ringing, whooshing, and other strange sounds associated with with borderline sleep states, and many other people report similar phenomena. I recommend the following resources. -

- "Annoying Tinnitis associated with sleep paralysis" - spiritualforums.com
Posted by - gcgirl18

- Article - "The Mystery Of Hypnagogia" - dreamstudies.org - Ryan Hurd

- Article - "How To Navigate Nonphysical Environments" astralinfo.org - by William Buhlman

- Article - Vinpocetine for Tinnitis Treatment And Reduction - Does It Work?" - nootriment.com
This is an herbal remedy derived from a European plant known as Periwinkle or Vinca Minor.
- Caution - (under - Best Dosage ... ) Vinpocetine can present problems for people with pre-existing liver conditions."

- Also, I hope you are not in the habit of listening to loud music, especially with headphones, as this can cause permanent hearing problems.

Okay, thanks for the links. Other people definitely experience the ringing, but I've never heard anyone say it continues after they wake. I sometimes use earbuds, but I don't turn them up too loud, so I don't think that's the problem. My throat is now hurting, so I'm definitely coming down with something, I'm hoping that the ringing is just a symptom of that, and has nothing to do with LD. I'll keep you posted.

silverbolt

Postby silverbolt » 11 Dec 2015 04:36

Okay, so today my cold seems to be pretty much gone (I'm on antibiotics for acne, so that probably got rid of it pretty fast), but I can still hear the ringing, I don't have a headache anymore though. Could this be part of the cold, or is it something different?

Return to “Sleep Disorders”