Please help me!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
15ahayes

Please help me!

Postby 15ahayes » 09 Dec 2015 23:21

so i have been practicing this for almost two months but i still havent had a full on lucid dream and my dream recall could be better. i really need some help my people. :)

(side note: i do 10-20 mindful reality checks per day, i usually meditate once a day, i write in my dream journal and a few other small things)

what am i doing wrong if anything? or does it just take me a while to lucid dream?

Summerlander

Re: Please help me!

Postby Summerlander » 10 Dec 2015 00:35

Try Stephen LaBerge's dream inventory as a way to categorise your dreams. Also, be forceful with those reality checks. Try Michael Raduga's hyper-concentration method. Good luck! ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Dec 2015 14:03

I personally think that meditation tends to help more if someone is wanting to work at WILD but has trouble relaxing or holding a focus in a relaxed state other then that it may not be of much help. I wonder if you are doing things like that without knowing for what reasons you are doing it for.

Sounds like you need to add other techniques to what you are doing now eg WBTB (wake back to bed) if you haven't tried this .. or even try to do WILD if you haven't tried that. If you are doing WILD, you didn't share why it isn't working eg falling asleep unaware, cant get to sleep etc etc

Its hard to offer you suggestions as your post doesn't really say what techniques exactly you are doing and to possibly pick faults in what you are doing or what you could be doing better, I'd need far more information on what you are doing exactly You didn't go into what reality checks you are doing etc, so I cant tell if you are doing usually good ones or not.

Its like saying, I tried to make a cake, mixed ingredients and I put it in the oven and it didn't work out.. and then ask what did I do wrong :? (without saying all of what you did).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

15ahayes

Postby 15ahayes » 15 Dec 2015 19:42

Ya you're right, sorry, i didn't really go into detail :) So here's what I do:
10-20 reality checks, (try to push fingers through hand and I keep them mindful, I dont do it just willynilly)

I journal my dreams every morning ( i write in first person and try to remember every detail)

I meditate once or twice a day for 5-15 minutes each. (i don't really meditate about anything because Im not exactly sure how that works, I just try to keep my mind as quiet as possible and just BE :D )

I also spontaneously during my day study my surroundings and my feelings and senses (I heard that helps create awareness)

Besides that I haven't really done any techniques, I tried MILD but i find it hard to do as i get off work at 10 and am very tired, too tired to keep my mind focused once i hit the sack

RealityCheck

Postby RealityCheck » 16 Dec 2015 13:46

It took me three months for my first real lucid dream c: Some people achieve it on the first day, or after few weeks, or even years. Just be patient and don't give up :)
How to wake yourself up

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Dec 2015 10:07

15ahayes wrote:Ya you're right, sorry, i didn't really go into detail :) So here's what I do:
10-20 reality checks, (try to push fingers through hand and I keep them mindful, I dont do it just willynilly)

I journal my dreams every morning ( i write in first person and try to remember every detail)

I also spontaneously during my day study my surroundings and my feelings and senses (I heard that helps create awareness)

all great for lucid dreaming there, though it can be good to be doing more then one reality check.

The other thing you could do is make sure you are doing the reality check to one of your dream signs to help trigger you into doing in it a LD, right now you are only relying on randomness and habit to try to trigger it eg I suggest to do your reality check to something which happens in real life but also appears in your dreams too and make sure you never miss doing it in real life when the dream sign thing is happening.

I meditate once or twice a day for 5-15 minutes each. (i don't really meditate about anything because Im not exactly sure how that works, I just try to keep my mind as quiet as possible and just BE :D )

well that meditation may be screwing up things for you. To lucid dream you don't want a still mind, still mind in meditation can equal a nothingness state! and hence that is precisely what for many isn't needed (I can stay in that meditation state for 9hrs at a time and not dream at all). To lucid dream you need your mind let go and drifting to all kinds of random thoughts while you are still aware. Relaxed but mind drifting, a completely different meditation state to mind stillness.

If you like to meditate there are others you can try for lucid dreaming eg
1/ eg guided visualization meditations can take one into very vivid deep dream like states so can be good for LD practices. Some can use visualization meditations to enter into a LD

2/ Awareness meditations .. when one goes into a deep meditation state while focusing on an object or thing can be a good practice for LD. Just gently holding the state while focused on something or even on another place (can help one enter into a LD or OBE). That practice can also help one stay in LDs once there.

Besides that I haven't really done any techniques, I tried MILD but i find it hard to do as i get off work at 10 and am very tired, too tired to keep my mind focused once i hit the sack

Well that is great time then to try a WILD, one needs ones mind letting go but with intent to LD for a WILD. Maybe try a quick nap immediately after work to have a WILD (nap with the intent it will go into a LD) before you do whatever you do usually before going to bed after work. I suggest to set your alarm to go off in 1hr from when you are going to try to nap to WILD, to help signal to your subconciousness that you aren't just wanting to go to sleep for the night normally but are doing it for another intention.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 31 Dec 2015 00:24

Damn it Tania, I can't find the "like" button for your post! :lol:

Err... I mean, "Well said!" 8-)
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”