Melatonin

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
Kevychase

Melatonin

Postby Kevychase » 11 Dec 2015 09:45

I read that B-6 can aid in dream recall, so I have taken a tablet of Melatonin before bed (as it has a reasonable amount of B-6). So far, 2 for 2, it has made me sleep heavily throughout alarms and with zero recall. I am going to take it again tonight as a third time is the charm attempt, but is this something that obviously is not aiding in my recall and I should avoid?

Thank you,
Magic isn't real.

Summerlander

Re: Melatonin

Postby Summerlander » 25 Dec 2015 21:16

Melatonin doesn't work.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 29 Dec 2015 15:37

Summerlander- is melatonin known to hinder lucid dreams? I've recently started taking melatonin to help with my insomnia (I started this prior to attempting LDs) and while I've found my regular dreams are far more vivid when I take it than when I don't, I have not yet experienced a LD on a night when I've taken melatonin.
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Jan 2016 02:27

It won't hinder your lucid dreaming, it just won't help you to reach waking consciousness in your dreams. One of the possible side effects of taking melatonin is vivid dreaming, not lucidity.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidity4life

Postby lucidity4life » 23 Apr 2016 19:31

Melatonin is great. I get pure melatonin ( won't mention where from because that would violate the rules ) but it defiantly helps. I remember when I was a kid I used to have way more of a natural melatonin rush. it actually makes you feel quite wonderful. but not as much as it used to, and i'm referring to the melatonin made by the body. i remember it was quite incredible falling asleep at night i'd get the comfy cotton candy feeling all over my body.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”