Very scary episode, would love an opinion

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Kevychase

Very scary episode, would love an opinion

Postby Kevychase » 11 Dec 2015 12:11

These episodes happened over the course of a two week period.

Night one: I woke up in my bed as normal, or what I now know to be a false awakening, and in the corner at the foot of my bed where the ceiling meets the wall is a wispy ball of smoke. I am aware that it is evil and it is attentive to me. Exactly as I make my move (presumably to go get my dad) it flies at me and hits me in the chest, pinning me down. I fight with all my might, and finally am able to get up and make a move for the door. It is on me the whole time and I am frantically fighting it, screaming, and pleading for someone to help me. This is life or death. I wake to my dad's voice on the other side of the door as he is trying to open the door. Luckily I am awake enough to stand behind the door, as I am butt ass naked, and tell him to chill. So here we are. Me bent over my knees panting, confused on my side of the door, him on the other side trying to figure out why I am screaming bloody murder and then telling him to hang on. After all that, I tell him what happened, get over the shock and make my way back to sleep.

Night two: I awake in the same way, at around the same time. At the foot of my bed stands a shadow figure around three feet tall. It is more humanoid like in its shape, but it is the same wispy ball of smoke I know and love. It comes at me but I am quick and got up in time to fight it on even ground. I will never forget how realistic it felt to hand to hand combat this thing. Every blow, every block. Again, my dad comes. This time he comes into the room and I am against my dresser at the opposite side of the room as my bed, again panting, confused, hurt. I go back to sleep.

After these two nights, things started to wane. However, every night I FA'd to the feeling of dread, and that I needed to escape the evil that wasn't there. I would run to my dad's room screaming and thumping and wake him up, at the same time waking myself up. I would return to bed only to wake up in my dad's room staring at him while he was sleeping which was extra creepy.

After much research, I discontinued my caffeine intake (which was at an all time high) and I have only had a few very minor versions of this where I FA really afraid and immediately come to. Sorry this was so long winded.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

P.S. It is worth mentioning that I am not superstitious and don't believe in spirits or magic in the sense that we understand them. But, being that our monkey brains are wired to be susceptible to superstition, this experience had me pretty open minded, haha.
Magic isn't real.

seanEE

Re: Very scary episode, would love an opinion

Postby seanEE » 11 Dec 2015 19:49

Try to kill the darn burger next time, You will feel great after doing it, :D
really tho, if you can find a way to overcome it you will wake up the next morning feeling like king of the world. Formulate a plot before going to bed, And play it out as you go to sleep. ;)
''you must excuse my personality''

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 12 Dec 2015 01:37

Kevychase,
I think the scary experiences you describe are associated with the borderline dreaming/awake phenomenon called sleep paralysis, which is a fairly common experience.

I have experienced sleep paralysis, from time to time, over many years. Even though it's scary, I mostly just learned to try to relax and concentrate on my breathing and wait for my body to finally wake up.

Eventually, I read about other suggestions, such as -
- Imagine that your dream body can fight the shadowy "intruder", even if your body feels like it can't move. - Or, image surrounding yourself with with a wise, protective light.
- Or, send loving and peaceful thoughts to the dream intruder.

A year or two ago, in the middle of the night, I thought I was awake, when suddenly a black, very frightening "demon" approached the side of my bed. I could "feel" him pressing down on the mattress, as he growled ominously in my ear. I couldn't move, but I decided to mentally send the creature the message "I love you", and he instantly vanished! I woke up laughing, and I thought "That was great. He looked just like a demon from some Middle Ages painting, and I banished him!"

I highly recommend the following website - dreamstudies.org - hosted by Ryan Hurd

On home page, click on tab - "Sleep Paralysis" - Includes numerous very informative articles. I especially recommend -
- "The Mystery Of Hypnagogia"
- "9 Ways To Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis"

Ryan's "Ultimate method" is - "When you realize you are in sleep paralysis, scrunch up your face ... snarl and squint ... do this two or three times in a row and the sleep paralysis will break immediately."

SunTzu

Postby SunTzu » 12 Dec 2015 13:53

As Sean said, you can physically defeat the enemy. But it is so much more empowering to overcome the fear. Let it caress you, show to it (yourself) that you are not afraid. I once had a sleep paralysis similar.
As I entered the paralysis, I realised my curtains were open. The moon (death) was sur-really big and cast a strong light on my wall with cherry blossom (death) shadows on it. I live in Australia and realised straight away it was sleep paralysis. The Grim reaper (more death images) appeared and literally flew INTO me. He reappeared and flew into but slightly behind me again. He blew on my neck, trying to incite fear, but I kept calm. Eventually the blowing became too strong and I shivered slightly, waking up as the room went dark.
Stay calm, don't fight back. Everything within a dream is in reality a projection of yourself! You are fighting yourself! I would recommend to be brave and allow it the physical intimacy it desires.

Jasmine mentioned that maybe you were experiencing sleep paralysis. I am unsure. Read those articles she linked. Sleep paralysis means the body is paralysed, but you seemed to have actually physically moved about during the event. Do you have a history of sleep walking,talking or moving? That combined with a false awakening would be my guess. Nothing to worry about - worry and fear only exacerbate these things.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Kevychase

Postby Kevychase » 12 Dec 2015 14:57

Thank you for the replies! I have been reating a lot on this forum since I posted this and wish this still happened so I could try it, but it doesn't happen anymore : ( the only thing that used to really get me about that is that I wasn't paralyzed at all and I was afraid I was going to pull my gun and fire rounds at this thing.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Magic isn't real.

Kevychase

Postby Kevychase » 16 Dec 2015 07:27

Sun,

Thanks for sharing that. I unexpectedly had another incident a few nights ago where I awoke to sense the evil presence near the bedroom door of my new place. I actually awoke to my girlfriend patting me on the shoulder as I was pointing at it and shouting at it "No! stay away from me! Back!" Now that I understand more about this, I am hoping that it happens more so that I can use it as a trigger for lucidity. To answer a previous question, yes I have always had a past of sleeping walking and talking in my sleep and things of that nature.
Magic isn't real.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”