Cool Lucid Dreaming Technique

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
FutureMedStu

Cool Lucid Dreaming Technique

Postby FutureMedStu » 12 Dec 2015 04:33

I was on the phone with a friend the other day, and she told me about a pretty cool, really easy way to enter a lucid dream. What she does is this: After setting her alarm to wake her about 4 hours after going to sleep, she goes to bed. Her alarm has a special setting so that it shuts itself off after a few seconds. What happens is, she is woken slightly by her alarm. She stays perfectly still until the alarm goes off, and then, as vividly as she can while groggy and sleepy, visualizes herself doing a repetitive activity (in her case, playing a violin). She claims that almost immediately after doing this, she'll go straight back into a dream, actually playing a violin in a lucid dream scape. Now I don't know if this particular technique has a name already (it might be considered a variation of the WBTB technique, I don't know), but I just wanted to share with ya'll. :D

Pika?

Re: Cool Lucid Dreaming Technique

Postby Pika? » 15 Dec 2015 18:48

Its called a DEILD (Dream Initiated Lucid Dream). Its like a shortcut WILD.
Vorsprung durch Technik- "Lead through technology"

Prince Demitri

Re: Cool Lucid Dreaming Technique

Postby Prince Demitri » 31 Dec 2015 15:57

That is a variation of the WBTB technique, yes. Some people call it DEILD (Dream Exit Induced Lucid Dream), and is a variation of the WBTB (Wake, Back To Bed) technique.

Personally, I think it's silly to have a ton of acronyms for slight variations of the same technique (tho I'm betting there's something about marketing and selling behind them). Does everyone like WBTB, or DEILD? I like WBTB, because it's less likely to be confused with DILD (which isn't a technique itself).

I wish everyone would agree to settle on one acronym per primary technique, because all these different ones for variations on the same thing make it more difficult for beginners to grasp.

It is not however a DILD (Dream Induced Lucid Dream).

WILD and DILD are the two types of LD entrances (there are no others).

WBTB and DEILD are the same technique to induce a WILD entrance.

MILD (Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dream) is a different WILD entrance technique.

If you are already dreaming, and some event within the dream (RC, particularly odd things, sudden emotional surges, etc) snap you into lucidity, that is DILD.

If you intend to become lucid via a technique that begins when you are entering sleep from a waking or semi-wakened state (such as your violin playing friend did, WBTB/DEILD, MILD etc), that is a technique for WILD.

And for the record, your friend's method is a very good one. There are smartphone apps that can do the something similar. ;)

Cheers! 8-)

(Also, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with any of the techniques, I just wish the acronyms would get straightened out so it's less confusing for beginners.)
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”