How to have more dreams.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Carter Blunt

How to have more dreams.

Postby Carter Blunt » 15 Dec 2015 12:43

I used to have about 1 dream per month, that I could remember details of. Now, I have one every night. In colder weather, I was having up to 3 a night, and there are specific things I did to bring them out.

1, get good nutrition and drink a lot of water.
2, no caffeine, nicotine, THC, etc.

Just the basics. When I wasn't eating right, and smoking all the time, and only drinking sodas and tea, that's when I had hardly any dreams. Once I started eating all day and drinking lots of water, the dreams open up.

Now for cold weather... if you plan it right, you can make yourself wake up multiple times in the night, remembering dreams each time. Just start off with covers you know are only gonna keep you warm for a few hours. Go without socks or something, with a fan blowing on you. Eventually you will wake up from being chilled. Then put on just enough to get back to sleep. Some socks, a shirt, pajama pants, a heavier blanket, something like that. In a few hours you'll get chilled again and wake up. That's how I got multiple dreams per night.

shutterbugjen

Re: How to have more dreams.

Postby shutterbugjen » 20 Dec 2015 22:46

Good tips! I know I remember more dreams if I wake up during the night. (With a snoring spouse and a potty-training toddler, between the two of them there are usually a few awakenings!)
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”