i wonder what he was on about

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
seanEE

i wonder what he was on about

Postby seanEE » 16 Dec 2015 18:20

I never knew conspiracy theorists dated back so far. :lol:

http://www.higherperspectives.com/george-orwell-quotes-1508536172.html
''you must excuse my personality''

Summerlander

Re: i wonder what he was on about

Postby Summerlander » 16 Dec 2015 18:39

I think his quotes are pretty sound, SeanEE, and there is no conspiracy either, just a sociological analysis of what we are like as a species. You should try some Orwellian literature as it is full of wit and ratiocination. I've read three of his books so far: Animal Farm (a beautiful apologue depicting the Russian Revolution); Nineteen Eighty-Four (which is splendidly precursory of nations like North Korea, the folly of Islamic theocracy, and false propaganda); and last but not least, Homage To Catalonia (a memoir describing his time as a Trotskyist soldier fighting against General Franco's fascist forces).

If you think Orwell didn't have much sense, think again. After being shot in the throat and having survived--as the bullet barely missed his carotid artery and left him with a raspy voice--people said he was lucky, to which he replied: 'Lucky would have been if I hadn't been shot at all.'

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

seanEE

Postby seanEE » 16 Dec 2015 20:47

wait a minute.. there some thing wrong here, you havant taged me as a mad conspirecy theorist yet? :lol: :lol: :lol: i mustn't be doing my job right if you didn't seem my sarcasm

I completely agree with Orwell, However i think his words apply to the West just as much as any where else,
Did you know theres a CCTV camera over his grave?
Have you noticed that one can't simply get in a car and drive, You must first do 12 driving lessons with a registered instructor, You then apply for a learning permit, Which allows you to drive as long as you have your sponsor in the car with you, Who must have a full driving license, You must also buy insuance ''for an 18 yo male driving a 11,00 45hp car it is 3,800 euro, Oh i almost forgot, You also have to pay the ''STATE'' to not fix the pot holes, You do this for 2 years, then you swap your learner plates, For novice plates, You wear them for a year, then you are allowed to drive, Fail to comple and they will attempt to trap you and punish you.
''and the guy that punishes you wars a mad looking wig'' :lol: :lol:

SunTzu

Postby SunTzu » 17 Dec 2015 14:34

Licensing.... is just a thinly veiled way of the government controlling what we can and can't do.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Dec 2015 01:17

Still ... you wouldn't want to live in North Korea, my friend.

If you don't know what North Korea is really like, allow me to enlighten you. North Korea is a slave state, a gulag nation where its people are the property of the militarised Kim family, and where a totalitarian 'military-first' mobilisation has been ratified. Once the trade between this government and the former Soviet Union came to an end, North Korea lost an untold number of people to sheer starvation. Today, their children are stunted and malformed; many people are blind (one of the highest number of cases in the world); and North Koreans are, on average, 6 inches shorter than their Southern neighbours.

Christopher Hitchens, one of my most cherished authors and once a great journalist, visited North Korea and witnessed people drinking from sewers and picking up individual grains of food from barren fields. Hitchens himself, as a 'privileged guest' who was observed during his stay, was made to eat a dog. The Hitch once suspected that Kim Il Sung had got hold of a copy of George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four and used it as a blueprint to establish the North Korean dystopia. But the reality is even worse than the hell depicted in Orwell's novel as the capital city Pyongyang does not even permit its citizens to wander in the slums. Everyone has to be at home and in bed by curfew time. At nighttime, as seen from space, the Korean peninsula is brilliantly lit in the south, but a sinister darkness in the north where a Stalinistic atmosphere prevails.

The ingratitude of the North Korea state is highlighted by Hitchens in his 2010 essay to the Slate magazine, entitled, 'North Korea: A Nation of Racist Dwarves', as an affixation to the description of anti-American propaganda that resides there: 'The United States and its partners make up in aid for the huge shortfall in North Korea's food production, but there is not a hint of acknowledgement of this by the authorities, who tell their captive subjects that the bags of grain stencilled with the Stars and Stripes are tribute paid by a frightened America to the Dear Leader.'

Dr. Sanduk Ruit, a Nepali surgeon, led his team to North Korea on a humanitarian mission to cure blindness. After surgery, scores of people were told to remove their blinds to see if the operation had been successful. Ruit had indeed been successful in restoring their eyesight but the patients remained blind in an abstract but nevertheless significant way. They were only grateful to their leader, who, in their eyes, had made their treatment possible - ironically unaware that his inherited and applied regimentation had been the main cause of their ills and that he himself had made the surgeons entry into the country difficult.

The prevalent racist mentality as inculcated by the 'Great Leader' is that Koreans should remain racially pure and refrain from becoming mongrelised like their southern counterparts who have already mixed with Americans of all races. Racism and xenophobia is undeniably part of the ideology that is instilled there. So much so that repatriated North Korean women who return pregnant from China--the regime's main ally and protector--are forced to submit to abortions.

Watch out for this branch of the axis of evil that threatens the civilised world of democracy and freedom. North Korea won't hesitate to support jihadists and any other sworn enemy of the US and its allies. Perhaps a coup d'etat is in order, giving the CIA a chance to redeem itself in the eyes of a naively liberal world. 8-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

seanEE

Postby seanEE » 21 Dec 2015 18:36

Summ, How many licences do you feel you need to go about your life as the creator intended you to?,
as an example,
MR. JOE O'BRINE he's 19, He has just moved out of his parents house, He has a dog, a TV, a car, a house, He works as a photographer, and owns a quadcopter for arial work,

So to buy some freedom he needs,
A dog licence,
A licence to operate a drown in public.
A drivers licence.
A TV licence.
public liability insurance.
Car insurance, ''5500'' euro for a small VW,
Car tax 670.
property tax 1100? a year
50 a year to get an MOT for his car,
He pays about 50% tax on fuel for his car,
He buys a candy bar and pays more tax because the state doesn't approve of this unhealthy chose.
He pays import duty on anything from outside the EU.

Now what happens if you can't afford your freedom, Well your scrued, You have two options, Work 9 to 5, 5 days a week, And buy your two days of freedom, or live a very limited life. :?

Korea should be a reminder of what happens when the public servants get out of control,
Dont let it happen here.

people used to be free to say whatever they liked, You could call some one a homophobic name and people you then know your a Dick, And would make there own judgements on you, But now the state feels it has the right to lock you up in a cell as punishment for you words.
You can say anything you like as long as they approve of it.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Dec 2015 00:54

First of all, what creator? :-D

Secondly, at least you can work towards a licence in Western democracies and there are plenty of opportunities out there for you to prove yourself.

In North Korea, all these licences you speak of are denied to you. You only get to do something if the leader has asked you to.

- Padmasambhava

seanEE

Postby seanEE » 24 Dec 2015 18:28

Summerlander wrote:First of all, what creator? :-D

Secondly, at least you can work towards a licence in Western democracies and there are plenty of opportunities out there for you to prove yourself.

In North Korea, all these licences you speak of are denied to you. You only get to do something if the leader has asked you to.

Creator, who ever made your mamy and dadys mamy and dadys dady. ;)

Now summ, you really need to sit down and meditate away you slave mentality, before you embarrass yourself any further :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it cracks me up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: if it wasn't fu#@king dragging me down to :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

seanEE

Postby seanEE » 24 Dec 2015 18:34

''A license is what you get when government steels your rights, and sell them back to you''
That sound good to you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it like saying china is a very liberal and free

''compared to Korea'' 8-)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 24 Dec 2015 21:17

In North Korea, you have no rights to begin with. Therefore, nothing is stolen. You are a slave. :lol:

And again ... what creator? Life on Earth was not seeded by any divine intelligence. As Laplace once said to Napoleon, the emergence of life works 'without the designer hypothesis'. :-)

Pick up a book on evolutionary biology and the origins of the first replicator molecule. Educate yourself. Mummy and daddy come from a long line of ancestors. Evolution: fact. :-)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”