My lucid dreams fade into blackness. How do I stop this?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Zyrendra

My lucid dreams fade into blackness. How do I stop this?

Postby Zyrendra » 16 Dec 2015 21:43

So I'm somewhat new to lucid dreaming, but so far I've managed to lucid dream a few times a week since I started, but I keep having this problem of the dream fading into blackness for a few minutes at a time. Like once it a lucid dream I was flying around chasing a spaceship-looking thing, but then everything just faded to black and that's all I could see. I couldn't feel myself, but I could still think clearly so I tried to will the dream to come back, but nothing happened. About 15 minutes later though it faded back into a similar dream. This happens quite a lot, and I wanted to how to stop it from happening, and why it's happening?

Summerlander

Re: My lucid dreams fade into blackness. How do I stop this?

Postby Summerlander » 16 Dec 2015 23:20

It's a persistent mental block that you find yourself in. It must've happened once and now your hope that it won't return keeps bringing it back. You can tackle this by reviving luminous, colourful dream environments using simple techniques based on sensory amplification.

Have a thorough read of this thread (read all of it) and you will find some sound advice with examples:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Carter Blunt

Postby Carter Blunt » 27 Dec 2015 21:44

Everything turned black because you woke up and your eyes were closed. At least, that's what keeps happening to me.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Dec 2015 11:49

I don't know how you are trying to will yourself back but the best way Ive found to do this is to think of myself in 1st person back in a strong part of the dream Ive just came out from.. imagine feeling the way I felt in it, imaging what was around me and what I was hearing or saying or seeing etc. You need to stay relaxed as you do this and not try too hard.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”