Brainwave Entrainment

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Niloc4943

Brainwave Entrainment

Postby Niloc4943 » 18 Dec 2015 03:22

Hi all,

My friend recently told me about how he has been using brainwave entrainment to help himself focus while he's doing homework or quickly calm himself down while he's trying to relax. Does anyone know if brainwave entrainment works and if it can also be used to help induce lucid dreams? I would also love it if you would share some of your experiences using it too.

Thank you so much for your help and happy holidays! :D

jasmine2

Re: Brainwave Entrainment

Postby jasmine2 » 23 Dec 2015 03:02

I suggest these binaural-beat recordings from website - Monroe Institute - monroeinstitute.org/store

- Titles -
- "Attention - Hemi-Sync"
- "Concentration - Hem-Sync"
- "Imprint - Hemi-Sync"

You can search titles either alphabetically, or scroll to bottom of page to view Categories.

The Monroe Institute was a pioneer in the development of binaural-beat sound technology, which is said to harmonize, balance and focus brain waves by means of frequency-following response.

There are samples of some Monroe Institute audio CDs on YouTube. However, it looks like there are also a lot of videos just pretending feature Monroe Hemi-Sync patterns.

Hemi-sync combines various binaural-beat frequencies with pink sound and sometimes music or environmental sound, such as waves. This creates a more pleasant sound than just "bare-bones", monotonous binaural-beats. Other titles include voice guidance.

See - YouTube video - "Monroe Products Hemi-Sync Overview".

Some Monroe recording do not contain Hemi-Sync binaural-beats.

I like "Supersleep" (Hemi-Sync sound only).

Also, years ago, I bought the (expensive) Gateway Voyage Series.
Very good. No music, has Hemi-Sync and sometimes ocean sound, and some intermittent voice guidance by Robert Monroe (the Institute founder).

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 23 Dec 2015 03:48

I also recommend the following website for treatment of stress-related health problems.

- Health Journeys - healthjourneys.com

Products include lots of guided imagery and other audio recordings. (No binaural-beat sounds).
The narrator for many of these recordings is Belleruth Naparstek. She is a psychotherapist who has specialized in the treatment of clients dealing with post traumatic stress disorder.

Under Products - Category "Anxiety Relief"
See sample recording - "Relieve Stress"
Click on "audio sample"

Also, see the "Blog" - many very informative articles

- Web search article - "What Is Guided Imagery?" - Health Journeys - healthjourneys.com

Also, Belleruth Naparstek is featured in some YouTube videos, including a series of interviews regarding the treatment of PTSD.

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 31 Dec 2015 14:27

I found binaural beats to be very helpful for meditation, and focus (for studying and the like), but they've never helped me with lucid dreaming.

That said, I've been regularly lucid in my dreams well before the development of binaural beats, so perhaps it does work for others.

There's my input on the subject.
Cheers! 8-)
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

Kevychase

Postby Kevychase » 28 Jan 2016 12:54

I have been using an app for Android simply called "Binaural Beats" and I really like it. It has preset frequencies for many different things. I haven't yet triggered a lucid from it, but for meditative and focus related trials it works well for me.
Magic isn't real.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2016 02:28

I've used some of these from two different companies at different times (hemi-synch and holosynch.. one company I think copied other, I cant remember which came out first) . they are really good and I highly recommend to anyone who has trouble relaxing or going into a deep state without falling asleep and unaware. It will train you how to enter deep states without falling asleep depending on what the brainwave entertainment is for

Ive seen them ones done specifically for OBE too (forget what company). I'd love to get hold of one of those.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”