SUCCESS!!! Reality checks worked!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
shutterbugjen

SUCCESS!!! Reality checks worked!!

Postby shutterbugjen » 20 Dec 2015 21:57

I am happy to report... SUCCESS!!! After recording my dreams for four days, performing reality checks and practicing mindfulness as often as I can, this afternoon during a nap I experienced my first lucid dream! I was sitting around chatting with the cast of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman (my favorite TV show when I was a teenager,) when I suddenly realized, "This isn't normal. Am I dreaming?" I tried to push my fingers through my palm and it felt really different- squishy and warm- but I was actually nervous to push them all the way through. So then I tried looking at my hands, and they looked so weird! Most of the fingers were missing fingernails. That's when I realized I had done it! At this point in the dream, the dream characters had lined up for a line dance in a barn, so I joined them, and as I sashayed down the line, I stopped in front of one of the characters and said, "Why are you here?" He grunted at me, but I didn't care I was just excited to be having a lucid dream. After that it faded away, but it was such a cool sensation to realize it was a dream and to enjoy it! It's very much like many of the articles on this website say- once you realize it's a dream, everything kind of "pops" into reality. Keep at it, guys, just earlier today I was starting to wonder how long it would take before I started performing reality checks in my dreams, but today it happened!

Merrick

Re: SUCCESS!!! Reality checks worked!!

Postby Merrick » 21 Dec 2015 23:35

COngratulations... I recently fell off the motivation to try to lucid dream after a few weeks of trying and getting oh so close like 4 times... I'm going to try again

uraszz

Postby uraszz » 22 Dec 2015 19:48

Congratulations!!

I've achieved Lucidity about 3 times and all three of them were during naps (I think that's the best time for beginners)

I hope you achieve lucidity more often

Best wishes

Sincerely

-uraszz

[ Post made via Android ] Image

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 24 Dec 2015 14:22

Thank you!

@Merrick- keep trying! Before I finally achieved lucidity I felt like my subconscious was SCREAMING at me to become lucid, throwing me all kinds of signs and cues. It'll eventually come to you. I haven't had any more lucid dreams but am feeling hopeful it will happen again soon.

@uraszz- maybe you're right! I rarely have opportunities to nap but I think I'll have to make it a priority now!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Return to “For Beginners”