Finally got another one

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Reginald

Finally got another one

Postby Reginald » 25 Dec 2015 08:25

I've been working at LD's for a while now. It's hard because of my work schedule. I'm up very early every day and work long hours, plus I have 2 kids. My dream recall is good when I set my intentions, but I have difficulty finding time to meditate, which I think would help me progress. Most of the time I am overtired, so I fall asleep easily, but the quality is not there. Usually I fall asleep trying to meditate. I need to sleep longer. Which is not the best situation I know, but I have had some success. My latest LD was short, but a new experience for me as I initiated it from an episode of sleep paralysis. I was having quite a dark dream, but not particularly frightening. Then I falsely awoke and had a drink. when I put my head down I saw a black cloud floating above me. I tried to investigate, but I could not move. I recognized the paralysis and attempted to float out the window. It was harder than I thought it would be, but I concentrated on not truly waking up and getting outside. Slowly I was able to do it. I got onto the roof of my house. It was very dark, and I still couldn't move very well. I tried to change the scene, and slowly the sun began to rise through the trees. Before long I was freely walking down a crowded street in a nearby mountain town. I was just observing my surroundings and the people I was walking past. I was marvelling at how real it all seemed. How could my mind create and control all this detail? It was like I was really there. Where does it come from? I began looking for someone to interact with, but before long I got distracted and lost lucidity. Still though I was happy to have made a bit more progress. It's been some time since my last one.
Any advice? Thanks friends!

shutterbugjen

Re: Finally got another one

Postby shutterbugjen » 26 Dec 2015 17:26

I think it's really cool how you changed your "dark" dream by making the sun rise. Awesome. :) No advice as I'm a new lucid dreamer and just trying to read everything I can about it, but keep on going!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Dec 2015 17:25

seemed. How could my mind create and control all this detail? It was like I was really there. Where does it come from? I began looking for someone to interact with, but before long I got distracted and lost lucidity.

congrats on having another LD.

Just try to remind yourself every now and then when you are lucid that you are dreaming so you aren't as likely to loss lucidity.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 30 Dec 2015 18:38

Tips for meditating when you lead a busy life:

If you have a personal vehicle to use to get to work (as opposed to carpooling, biking, taking a bus, etc), then you might consider adding an additional 15 to 20 min to your daily commute. Use this time to sit in your vehicle in a parking lot located close to your destination (home, work, store, etc), and meditate there.

Set a timer or alarm on your phone (assuming you have one) or watch to notify you when to "come out" from your meditation, and go to your destination. You'll be less likely to fall asleep that way, and if for some reason you still do, your alarm/timer will get you going again.

If falling asleep while meditating is an issue for you, try your best to meditate during times when you're least likely to fall asleep. I've even taken an extended bathroom break at work before to sit on the toilet and meditate for 10 -15 min (when I didn't actually need to do anything but pee). Personally I don't see that as wasting company time, since I'm usually more productive and energized after meditating for a short time.

I meditate regularly and have been an oneironaut for about 28 years now. These things are skills, and they work hand-in-hand beautifully with each other.

As for your questions about how real dreams can seem, I think of it this way: 10,000 hours of practicing a single skill will make one a master at that skill. 100,000 hours practicing a single skill can make one the best in the world at it. So how many total hours has my mind been processing reality for me to experience? 8-)

Keep it up my friend, you're doing great!
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”