How long between your first and second lucid dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
shutterbugjen

How long between your first and second lucid dreams?

Postby shutterbugjen » 28 Dec 2015 17:22

Hello! I'd like to ask the more seasoned lucid dreamers about how long it was between your first and second lucid dreams? I experienced my first one a week ago, but have not had another one. I'm trying very hard to be patient (I've read many of Rebecca's articles saying it can take weeks to experience your first one. Mine took 4 days, but there have been no others!) I have noticed, however, that my dream recall is sharpening significantly. I'm now able to clearly remember conversations, faces, and specific details that only a couple of weeks ago would never have survived waking memory! I guess I'm just wanting some hope that my efforts aren't in vain-- if I did it once I should be able to do it again, yes? :?:
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Je-Je

Re: How long between your first and second lucid dreams?

Postby Je-Je » 30 Dec 2015 11:00

For me I have got my first lucid dream 3 months after discovering lucid dreaming. Then I have got my second lucid dream 1 year after. After that I started having a lucid dream every 6 months, after 1 ld every 2 months, and now I get 1or2 lucid dream every 1 month.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 30 Dec 2015 22:54

I've been lucidly dreaming for about 28 years now. I don't remember how long it was between the first two, but I do remember that I was amazed when it happened the first time.

Back then I hadn't even heard of lucid dreaming and just wondered if that's how everyone else usually experienced their dreams or if I was somehow special.

Since then I've learned a great deal about lucid dreaming. The single most important thing about it that I have learned is that it's a skill.

Much like throwing a basketball into the hoop from the free-throw line, you can do it by chance just by throwing the ball at the hoop, but the more you practice, the better you get at it. Practice long enough, and you get better and better until you're really good at it.

Now I average between 16 and 30 lucid dreams every month (mostly depending on whether or not I want to be lucid when I dream). I had two of them last night alone; but that wasn't always the case.

Like any skill, starting off is slow, but continuing to work on it will improve that skill.

You've already had one lucid dream, so now you know two very important things:
1> Lucid dreaming is a real thing (some people don't think it is, and some even swear it's all bogus).
2> You know YOU can do it.

With those two things already behind you, you're well on your way to developing that skill even further.
Happy dreaming! 8-)
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 31 Dec 2015 16:25

Thanks for your responses! This is an exciting new world to be jumping into and it's nice to hear from others how their journeys began. I still have not experienced another lucid dream, however my recall is improving in leaps and bounds! That alone makes it worth keeping up with it. Thank you!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”