young mother's day dreams taking over

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
bastet893

young mother's day dreams taking over

Postby bastet893 » 28 Dec 2015 19:25

I have had lucid dreams, past life recall, and premonitions from dreams, for my entire life of 26 years (that I can remember). Everything from watching myself and others that I do and do not know in 3rd person, being 'inside' someone else, and mundane events that seem unimportant, but occurring the next day exactly as I saw in the dream. When I was young it used to freak me out a bit, but as an adult now it doesn't bother me as much.

What I am now experiencing as an adult, is entities or people, reaching out to me in dreams, to show me their experiences in life. I am not sure if they are passed over or if I am tapping into their minds through sleep, but it makes me feel confused and unsure as how to interpret these visions. They are sometimes violent, leading to death, or a lot of pain, in which I have to literally turn off my mind as to not be too affected. I am a mother of 2 and manage my household, and the 'day dreams' as my lover puts it, are taking me away from real life. They are very distracting, and if I turn my mind off to dreaming at night, the day dreams will take control and I find myself frozen, staring off into space in the middle of whatever I may be doing, dishes, laundry, cooking, always something to where my mind can wander. I am frozen and off in 'dreamland' and I see visions I feel emotions, it gets very intense. I feel so much anxiety from these day dreams, as if I do not control my own gateway or door to the dream world.

Sometimes I smoke marijuana to stop from dreaming at night, to get a good rest while sleeping. I have found that is a fast and easy way to escape the burden for a short while and have unfortunately become reliant on the weed for escaping, for about a decade now. I do it in secret. I feel guilt about this, to myself. I do know that if I want to hone my abilities I need to stop the smoking, so I have cut it down to only like once a week on the weekend nights, like I said to get a good nights rest. Lately I feel as if I am denying myself a gift to myself, by not allowing myself to fully experience this state. When I do not 'medicate' and dream heavily, I wake feeling like I got no rest and that I just returned from a long journey. My body is tired, my head is full and confused, and I am very, very groggy. I can allow myself to fall into this mind state while awake, and meditate very easily like this. I am a witch and practice kitchen witchcraft daily. I bless my home and my family. We celebrate Solstice's and Yule. We are very pagan. I protect myself against negative energies and am very aware that I could be channeled, it has happened in my youth while experimenting. Anyway I know this is long. But no one around me understands, and I am tired of writing to myself in my journals. If anyone has feed back, it would be greatly appreciated!
-Bastet mother - witch - dreamer

taniaaust1

Re: young mother's day dreams taking over

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Dec 2015 11:29

bastet893 wrote:I have had lucid dreams, past life recall, and premonitions from dreams, for my entire life of 26 years (that I can remember). Everything from watching myself and others that I do and do not know in 3rd person, being 'inside' someone else, and mundane events that seem unimportant, but occurring the next day exactly as I saw in the dream.

Same here with all that stuff though I don't get premonitions much just have had a few major ones and in my case I don't think I've always been like that. I had my psychic door one could say completely open a bit to much at one point (after a psychic attack by a group but instead it activated my kundalini and then all which comes with that, I had already though before that experienced spirits and a demon some Satanists had invoked)

and the 'day dreams' as my lover puts it, are taking me away from real life. They are very distracting, and if I turn my mind off to dreaming at night, the day dreams will take control and I find myself frozen, staring off into space in the middle of whatever I may be doing, dishes, laundry, cooking, always something to where my mind can wander. I am frozen and off in 'dreamland' and I see visions I feel emotions, it gets very intense. I feel so much anxiety from these day dreams, as if I do not control my own gateway or door to the dream world.

Sometimes I smoke marijuana to stop from dreaming at night, to get a good rest while sleeping.

things like marijuana actually will help to stop that gateway or door you have opened from naturally closing itself at times it should be closed. You are putting cracks and tears in your aura and its protective defences. Due to such could well find yourself under entity attack or even experiencing possession as things out there can take advantage of it and will also feed on your leaking energy. I really suggest with your gifts you stop taking drugs as you are placing yourself at risk (I have experienced possession and it took a group of very gifted psychic healers to free me from that after many before that tried to clear me but failed).

I had to get away from many of my previous practices due to become too open to things and one could say like living in the other world as well as this one at same time both day and night.

pm me if you wish to talk more about your experiences as this forum is really for just lucid dreaming stuff.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Prince Demitri

Re: young mother's day dreams taking over

Postby Prince Demitri » 30 Dec 2015 22:29

It's been a long time since I've entertained supernatural thinking, so I'll leave that kind of chat to others and just give practical advice (from my experience and experiences shared with me by others over the years) instead.

Alcohol, pot, meth, cocaine, heroin, and even nicotine (to name but a few of the drugs that fall into this category) are known to have a cumulative, and generally negative effect on sleep and dreaming. This includes dream regulation.

The longer you 'medicate' regularly (with any of these drugs that you may use), the more you train your body with them. The natural response of your body is to then try to compensate as best as it is able to. When you stop the regular use, your body takes time to process out all the lingering effects of the drug (commonly known as physical withdraw). While this happens, you can expect things to get worse for a bit before they get better.

These effects are all well documented and studied (and are generally common knowledge; at least where I live anyway). If you want to be able to dream properly again, you might consider taking a month or two off completely from those types of drugs.
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”