WILD help please - I'm so close!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Harry Potter

WILD help please - I'm so close!

Postby Harry Potter » 28 Dec 2015 22:19

Heya,

So the past few nights I've been trying to WILD, mainly through use of the FILD method. However, I find that I don't really need to move my fingers; I can simply 'observe' myself falling back asleep, and visualize my dream as I go.

The last two nights are the closest I have ever been to actually succeeding. Here's a play by play of what happened both times:
-I wake up, and am extremely tired. I know I can fall asleep right away.
-I haven't moved; I visualize the dream scene I just came out of.
-Lots of visualization. Just focusing on staying conscious while my body drops off to sleep.
-All of a sudden, it feels like I'm falling through space, it is an almost tingling sensation that washes over me. I'm pretty sure that this is my body falling asleep. Or maybe sleep paralysis?
-I can still feel my body in bed, but I can also vividly perceive the dream world around me.
-I know that I am RIGHT THERE, so close... I can't quite make the 'jump' into the dream world.
-This persists, for as long as I am willing to stay there. I am split between both worlds.
-I'm not LD'ing, I'm still just visualizing.
-It's been a while, and I'm not falling asleep. This stinks.
-I give it up and just lay there. I do a reality check, just in case, but no dice. The tingly/falling sensation goes away. Pretty soon I drop off to sleep. Bah.

I am so close, but I just can't make the final leap. I can't manage to 'pop' into the dream world. I'm right there, but I can't not feel myself in bed. I know it's only been a few nights, but I think this is more of a lack of technique/knowledge thing rather than a time thing.

So, some more concrete questions: any ideas on what this tingly/falling sensation is? Are there any gaping errors in my methods? How can I make the 'jump' into the dream (probably the most important question I have)? Thoughts on the usefulness of FILD?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
DILD's: 17

WILD's: 2

Current LD Goals: shapeshift (Probably my favorite thing to do), and jump off of a skyscraper

shutterbugjen

Re: WILD help please - I'm so close!

Postby shutterbugjen » 29 Dec 2015 15:16

No advice here, but this same exact thing happened to me last night. It's maddening, isn't it?? Like you described, I felt my body go all tingly, and then I started to see a dreamscape materialize around me, only it was very fuzzy, almost like an old black-and-white tv show with bad reception!! I started to get excited about finally inducing a WILD that I woke right up. Grrr. Keep at it, though!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Return to “For Beginners”