New member Arcus here!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Arcus

New member Arcus here!

Postby Arcus » 29 Dec 2015 02:15

Hello everyone!

I recently became very interested in lucid dreaming. I'm just starting with trying to have DILD's and have had (very small) success. But it gives hope!

As for me, i'm an 18 year old who studies physics. Apart from that I play tennis and game. Games include battlefield 3 in which I do mainly 1v1's in jets called dogfights. I also play super hexagon, a game I recommend to anyone trying to find a way to meditate or just a good challenge. It's very hard and anyone would think that it is the opposite of meditation, but once you get good at it, it becomes incredibly relaxing. I often found myself playing it to think more clearly about something.

That's about me I guess. There is obviously more to me, but nothing worth putting here ^.^

As for objectives,
-have a lucid dream for longer than 1min
-fly in a dream
-practice math or physics (lame, but I want to see if it can be useful)

So, that wraps me up. Have a nice day and hopefully we can have a chat someday

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Je-Je

Re: New member Arcus here!

Postby Je-Je » 30 Dec 2015 10:50

Welcome to the forum Arcus.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Arcus

Postby Arcus » 30 Dec 2015 13:32

hey, and thanks :D

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 30 Dec 2015 13:44

Math and physics can be done while lucid dreaming, but it's very difficult if you're trying to do it in the traditional waking manner, since the dreamscape doesn't work the same way as the waking world (WW) does.

The best way I have used (for years) is to have a place that mimics what you know about waking physics, then run experiments that can be designed and executed without the costs associated with a facility that would run the experiment.

This is a quick way to test many different ideas, quickly. When you wake, re-evaluate what happened in the dream experiment to see if it still seems plausible with the physics of the WW. If not, try again. If so, find a way to perform the experiment in the WW, and see what happens.

Many of the greatest innovations that have advanced the world we know today have come from this type of process (intentionally or indirectly); including (but definitely not limited to) Einsteins revelations on relativity, which has shaped much of our current understandings about physics. 8-)
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

Arcus

Postby Arcus » 30 Dec 2015 14:39

Hey there,

I was thinking more of solving problems, not experimenting. But now that i think about it, why shouldnt it be used for experimenting... I think the main problem is that when experimenting you want to find something new, so it would be hard to find something you didnt previously know about in your dreams. However i do think it can be used for finding ways to execute experiments. Or just practice that.

When i said math and physics i meant more solving problems in a mathematical way. Basically practicing for a test or something

Im just really looking forward to the possibilities. So much i want to try doing :D

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 30 Dec 2015 14:53

Hey Arcus!

When it comes to solving problems (like for a math or physics test) the same thing I described above can be done.

Among many other things I'm a mechanical engineer and educator. I've used LD experimentation to help me grasp what the math and physics actually mean, and have used the things I've learned from my LD experimentation to help others understand math, physics, and other subjects in a much different way (almost universally helping them gain a better understanding of the topic from the new perspective).

If there's one thing dreaming does better than anything else, it's shifting perspective. Dreaming lucidly can help direct that shifting of perspective toward whatever you want it to; which includes experimenting with different ways to view and understand math and physics (and any other topic).
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

Reginald

Postby Reginald » 30 Dec 2015 22:48

Welcome!! :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “Introduce Yourself”