Long-time oneironaut, new to this forum!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Prince Demitri

Long-time oneironaut, new to this forum!

Postby Prince Demitri » 30 Dec 2015 12:34

Hi there fellow oneironauts!

I've been an active lucid dreamer for about 28 years now.

I'm a polymath (a person who has many degrees and accomplishments in a wide variety of fields), and have used the dreamscape to help inspire many of the things I have done in my life.

I have also been an educator for most of my life, giving instruction in many different areas; from lucid dreaming, to critical thinking, to bushcraft and survival, to hammock camping, to scuba diving, to math and science, to engineering (mechanical and electrical), to psychology, to NLP, to clinical hypnosis, to meditation, to being a published author, to public speaking, to entrepreneurial pursuits, and much more.

I use the dreamscape actively for practical (and sometimes professional) purposes, and for everything from self-understanding to having loads fun.

I noticed there are many more people in the world now that are interested in lucid dreaming (or even know what it is) than when I began, as well as many new techniques and things to do. Because of this new resurgence of interest, I decided to poke about and see if I could find a community of others where I could fit in nicely, that wish to discuss dreams and lucidity to further this trend (and the technology that goes along with it).

That search led me here.

If anyone wants to contact me (about anything that doesn't involve trying to sell me stuff), I welcome new friends and discussions. The quickest way to contact me (that I am willing to give out on a public forum) is thru gmail :arrow: Prince.Demitri

I'll be poking around here for a bit. I hope this is a community I can feel "at home" with. I look forward to getting to know many of you.

Cheers!
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

shutterbugjen

Re: Long-time oneironaut, new to this forum!

Postby shutterbugjen » 02 Jan 2016 01:00

Prince Demitri wrote:I have also been an educator for most of my life, giving instruction in many different areas; from lucid dreaming, to critical thinking, to bushcraft and survival, to hammock camping, to scuba diving, to math and science, to engineering (mechanical and electrical), to psychology, to NLP, to clinical hypnosis, to meditation, to being a published author, to public speaking, to entrepreneurial pursuits, and much more.

That is quite the resume! Glad to have you here, and grateful for your willingness to share information! I might be intimidated by you, but since you chose a purple-skinned blue-haired little dude to represent you here, I think we may be able to friends after all. ;)
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 02 Jan 2016 10:18

Hi Jen!

No need to be intimidated! I'm not generally hostile (only when attacked, or when I'm being protective of friends and loved ones). I love humor, friends, and helping others pursue whatever they have an interest in. My resume of skills is much longer than what I said above, but all that stems from the fact that I love to live and I want to experience and do as much stuff during my life as I can. That's all it is really.

Of course love of doing new things results in amassing loads of knowledge about lots of different things. What better to with that knowledge than to share it with others and help them live as awesome of a life as they want to, too? :P

My profile pic is actually a female character from the webcomic "Grrl Power", named Dabbler. 8-)

As I'm bigendered, I am equally as comfortable representing myself (or being referred to by others) as either male or female. My dream self also changes genders fairly often (sometimes multiple times within the same dream, or even splitting between multi-dream persons at once, with different genders.)

I'd love to consider you a friend! :D
If there's anything at all you have questions about, please don't hesitate to ask!
Cheers! 8-)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Jan 2016 13:08

Wow! A polymath! Welcome! :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 02 Jan 2016 14:04

Thanks for the welcome Summer! :)

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 03 Jan 2016 22:08

I actually wondered right after posting my response if your profile picture was a comic character. I like it. I'll have to look up that comic now! :)

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 04 Jan 2016 00:53

shutterbugjen wrote:I actually wondered right after posting my response if your profile picture was a comic character. I like it. I'll have to look up that comic now! :)

It's one of my favorite light-hearted and funny superhero type webcomics. (And it's safe for work.) :D
Let me know what you think of it when you start reading it, okay? 8-)

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 04 Jan 2016 04:04

I just clicked around and read a few back pages of it, looks interesting! One of these days when I have spare time (what is that, then??) I'll have to go back to the beginning to figure out who's who and what's what. I like Sydney. She's spunky.

SunTzu

Postby SunTzu » 04 Jan 2016 12:45

You sound like a very interesting person! Cool to have you :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 04 Jan 2016 16:50

Thanks SunTzu!

I look forward to getting to know many of you here, and to help however I can.
Cheers! 8-)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”