The things you are most proud of?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Arcus

The things you are most proud of?

Postby Arcus » 30 Dec 2015 21:31

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering, what are the things you are most proud of doing or having achieved? Could be anything. from asking a girl out to inventing something.

For me its having been among the best players of the world in some of the games i play. Might be weird to some of you, but i did practice the games i play for years to get good. Guess i like to do challenging stuff ^.^

So leave a comment or something, im curious :D

Prince Demitri

Re: The things you are most proud of?

Postby Prince Demitri » 30 Dec 2015 22:36

Hey Arcus!

Nice question. There's so much for me to choose from, but the first thing that popped into my mind was being part of the TSR team that developed the "Forgotten Realms" and "Ravenloft" D&D campaign settings.
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 03 Jan 2016 22:54

I went from being an asthmatic non-athlete to completing 5 half-marathons in two years. The asthma is still there, but managed under the supervision of my doctor. :) I was pretty dang proud of that!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Jan 2016 02:18

I have achieved nothing impressive in my life. I've no reason for pride and my cynicism is internalised as well as externalised. I consider myself to be quite mediocre, really. If I must pick something, then it'll have to be a tandem skydive to raise money for a boy who was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. (The boy, Connor, is my best man's nephew's son.) But then again, other people did what I did, so, it's only unoriginally noble.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 04 Jan 2016 03:22

Whoa! Noble or not, this must have felt awesome, right?? Damn, bro! I want to do it so much.. :shock:
Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it...

- Jesus Christ

Arcus

Postby Arcus » 04 Jan 2016 20:39

That all sounds really cool guys :D

And summerlander, you just have so much general knowledge, you really cant compare that to the average person.. In my experience people generally aren't very knowledgeable.

Do you guys also have any goals you want to reach in your lifetimes?

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 04 Jan 2016 21:59

I want to feel in a certain way. I don't know what it is, but when I feel it I'll know it's what I was searching for.
Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it...

- Jesus Christ

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Jan 2016 22:25

Arcus wrote:And summerlander, you just have so much general knowledge, you really cant compare that to the average person.. In my experience people generally aren't very knowledgeable.

Do you guys also have any goals you want to reach in your lifetimes?

I love you. :mrgreen:

And in answer to your question, I just want to have the strongest mind possible. An indestructible mind able to withstand any scenario. I seek a stillness of mind which I have at times experience in meditation. A kind of insouciance by default where the mind is free from worry, desire and extreme egoism. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Buddhist, but there is a kind of bliss which I have glimpsed and such state really is the Holy Grail of the mind, because, if you have it, the inevitable loss of everything headed your way cannot break you and absolute tolerance and comfort with constant change is attainable.

Desert, that's an interesting answer ... :shock:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”