My co-worker as a frequent DC

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
pluginmango

My co-worker as a frequent DC

Postby pluginmango » 01 Jan 2016 20:55

For the past few months I've noticed I've been dreaming quite a lot about my male co-worker.
Even in the strangest of dreams he suddenly pops up somewhere.
Ever since I started working at my current job, I felt as if we had some kind of strong connection, but it's not like we are very close friends, on the contrary. We rarely talk, we don't go out after working hours, but it's not like we completely ignore each other as well.

Lately, every time I dream he's there. Even last night. I started noticing it after 3 or 4 dreams and I have been using him as a way to know when i'm actually dreaming. Some sort of reality check, I guess. The dreams I have about him are fairly normal, though. Although I've noticed that, in my dream, it always feels as if he's my best friend or at least someone very precious to me.

These dreams are making me very confused, though, 'cause everytime I see my co-worker at work my mind's constantly like "Hey, remember those dreams you've been having!" which makes me act really uncomfortable around him.

Are my dreams telling me I should work on my relationship with that guy because he'll be playing an important role in my life or is my mind just playing tricks on me?

I'm going to try If I can lucid dream tonight and see if I can ask him some questions, but so far I've only become lucid in maybe 2 of those dreams. One time I was so shocked that I was dreaming about him that I woke up and the second time the dream was so much fun I just didn't want to spoil the moment with my stupid questions :lol:

Anyway, what do you guys think about this?
I'll keep you updated on the dreams btw, I haven't been on here for a very long time, but I've felt like this forum could help me get some answers.
There is no spoon

shutterbugjen

Re: My co-worker as a frequent DC

Postby shutterbugjen » 02 Jan 2016 00:53

It can be hard to separate your feelings about the real person from your feelings that originate in the dream! When I was in high school, I had a very disturbing dream about a guy who liked me. I didn't like him back anyway, but combine that with the dream, I found myself feeling disdain toward him. (Which is terribly unfair, and I wish I could go back in time and wipe that away.)

pluginmango wrote:Are my dreams telling me I should work on my relationship with that guy because he'll be playing an important role in my life or is my mind just playing tricks on me?

I think because you think about this guy a lot, he is making an appearance in your dreams. My husband and I always watch TV before bed. Right now, we're watching How I Met Your Mother. In the last week, characters from the tv show have appeared in my dreams! I do not believe that the actors and actresses who appear in the show are now in my dream because they will be playing an active role in my life, but rather because the last thoughts I had before going to sleep were about the tv show I had just finished watching! So, while it's possible that this guy may be in your future at some time, for now I would just recommend enjoying the dreams when they come and try not to take them too seriously. :)
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

taniaaust1

Re: My co-worker as a frequent DC

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Jan 2016 17:00

These dreams may mean nothing in real life as far as you and this guy goes. Dream characters often are representive of ourselves.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”