Hello!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Anopey

Hello!

Postby Anopey » 03 Jan 2016 10:23

Hello! I am Anopey. The world of dreams has always intrigiued me. (btw I am from turkey). However, I have never managed to lucid dream for more than 2 seconds. That doesn't bother me though since it has only been 2 months since I started practicing lucid dreaming with reality checks and stuff. Though, I haven't been able to remember my dreams for the past 4 or 5 days which is annoying. I know this is only supposed to be a greeting :P but have you guys ever experienced this. If so, what solution did you come up with?

Prince Demitri

Re: Hello!

Postby Prince Demitri » 03 Jan 2016 14:38

Welcome Anopey!

Yup! What you describe is fairly common. There are many articles, threads, and posts all over this forum that discuss the various things you mention. To help you get an idea of what you might look for when searching for them, here's a quick primer on what you've said.

However, I have never managed to lucid dream for more than 2 seconds.

Discussions about this usually include the terms "dream stability" or "dream stabilization".

I haven't been able to remember my dreams for the past 4 or 5 days which is annoying.

It's quite common to have up/down cycles when it comes to dreams. Terms you might look for include "recall" and "lucid pause" (tho I don't know if many here use the term "lucid pause").

Just about everyone that has had a lucid dream has experienced these things (as well as many who haven't). As for the solutions people have come up with, there are many. I can't think of any particular phrase to look for, so just looking around the forum should be enlightening.

Cheers! 8-)
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”