You now you're fully lucid when...

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
berggg

You now you're fully lucid when...

Postby berggg » 03 Jan 2016 14:05

You know you're fullt lucid when you're able to just leave your 2 year old child in your dream to have some fun.

I dreamt that I was holding my 2 year old son when i suddenly became lucid. I then thaught: I don't want to spend my time in my lucid dream taking care of my child. So I just left him and flew away. I was not easy, but I think it was the right thing to do. It was just a dream! Not that I don't love my child, but I want to do other things in my lucid dreams. And being able to do it meant that I was pretty lucid.

Any opinions on this? Anyone with common expreiences?

Summerlander

Re: You now you're fully lucid when...

Postby Summerlander » 05 Jan 2016 15:42

I know exactly where you're coming from. Just the other night I became lucid in a dream and found it hard to just let go of my non-lucid plot. It felt like 'unfinished business' abandoning the dream delusion; but I knew I'd chosen the liberating path by staying lucid and flying over a dreamscape, carefree, rather than allowing a fake reality to deceive or trouble my mind.

Lucid dreaming is akin to meditation in the sense that you experience the liberating clarity and realisation that you have been dreaming, thinking, or ruminating all along. Such states provide you with a realistic perspective because they are mental conditions that really show you what's happening within consciousness. All you are getting is qualitatively distinct percepts and you needn't identify yourself with them.

Thanks for sharing! :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Nickfan40

Postby Nickfan40 » 05 Jan 2016 18:34

I had a dream like that just recently (read my post, "My Dad's 'Ghost'/Baby-sitting with my mom and a young Victor Borge"). I was mad because all those kids were in the room, and I was "getting the hots"! I didn't mind that my mother was in the room, though!

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 06 Jan 2016 01:00

Fortunately, we don't need to pay babysitters for our non-lucid children in such cases! ;)
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”