Dream Recall

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Letsgetlucid

Dream Recall

Postby Letsgetlucid » 05 Jan 2016 07:03

My dream recall is super inconsistent and I need help or some info at least on why this is. Now, what I mean by inconsistent is that at one period of time I will be remembering fragments of dreams for weeks straight with a lucid dream here and there and then for another period of time, all of a sudden I won't remember any of my dreams unless they are lucid, and yes I have a dream journal and write my dreams down every morning.

Prince Demitri

Re: Dream Recall

Postby Prince Demitri » 05 Jan 2016 16:01

One of the best ways to improve dream recall is to form a habit of staying as still as you can immediately upon waking up, and reviewing your dream in as much detail as you can before moving.

Also, I have a hypothesis that hormone cycles can effect dream recall and lucidity (I'm currently collecting data to test this hypothesis, and have been for about 2 years so far). Both males and females have hormone cycles with roughly a 28 day pattern.

According to the patterns in my dream journals over the years, I have cycles where recall is easier with more detail, and more difficult with less detail. When graphed, the chart indicates a rough 28 day cycle. When averaged out, a full cycle is 28.3 days. This cycle can fluctuate greatly tho, which is why I'm still collecting data on other factors in my life.

Just thought you might be interested to know that this research is happening. :)
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

Letsgetlucid

Postby Letsgetlucid » 05 Jan 2016 20:23

I actually did read about that in one of the other topics, I remembered reading about it upon waking this morning and it actually did help to not move and review as much as I can. It's awesome that research is going on also, I wonder how much more advanced in depth the study of lucid dreaming will be like in the next two decades.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 06 Jan 2016 00:47

Demetri, interesting you should bring that up, as I was just wondering about that! I had a solid three weeks of fantastic dream recall, and the last few days it's been fuzzy and vague. I was wondering if the female hormonal cycle had anything to do with that!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 06 Jan 2016 01:27

shutterbugjen wrote:Demetri, interesting you should bring that up, as I was just wondering about that! I had a solid three weeks of fantastic dream recall, and the last few days it's been fuzzy and vague. I was wondering if the female hormonal cycle had anything to do with that!

Both guys and gals have hormone cycles. The female hormone cycles are more noticeable mostly due to their punctuation in rouge. However males also have hormone cycles, they just tend to express slightly differently.

Females get a wild emotional ride thanks to estrogen, while guys have ups and downs in their level of aggression due to testosterone. That guy that's really nice and understanding sometimes, but for some reason gets impatient, intolerant, and pissy for no apparent reason other times? That's the testosterone hormone cycle.

Just like females, some guys are better able to manage their hormotional swings, and others... well, not so much (and still others prefer to use it as an excuse to be crappy people, tho guys don't usually know they also have a hormone cycle, so they don't call it that, instead they say things like, "This is just who I am", etc).

I've noticed that a full cycle of ease of dream recall and lucidity tends to be about 28 days long. That number is what initially brought me to forming my current hypothesis bout hormone cycles being at least partly responsible for dream recall and lucidity. But as I said before, I'm still gathering data to test that hypothesis.

If you (or anyone else here) would like to help with this research, feel free to send me a PM about it.

Thanks and cheers! 8-)
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”