the things that bring us together

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
seanEE

the things that bring us together

Postby seanEE » 06 Jan 2016 19:04

poor, rich, tall, small, pares, oranges, and carrots, ''I'm referring to shapes of people by the way'' :? smart dumb
and evan scientists,
we all have these moments now an again. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGnsH7K0Wyc
''you must excuse my personality''

DesertExplorer

Re: the things that bring us together

Postby DesertExplorer » 06 Jan 2016 22:19

You gotta love George Carlin!! :P
Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it...

- Jesus Christ

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 06 Jan 2016 22:24

I do talk to myself and change it to a song the second someone notices me. What the hell is wrong with me? :D
Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it...

- Jesus Christ

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 08 Mar 2016 14:13

I think these things need more focus rather than the petty differences that get so much air time, are bestowed so much significance, and wreak so much havoc. Quirks and blunders remind us that we are all human ... sentient beings ... and thank goodness for comedy. :-)

How can we solve the problem of prejudice as a whole? This is an issue that was raised on a Facebook group page dedicated to remembering the brilliance of Christopher Hitchens. The solution is simple: education and secular humanism. Judging people based on ethnicity, race, gender and sexual orientation is simply irrational. Such mentality should be publicly ridiculed and criticised on a cosmopolitan level and the reason behind this wise move should be passed on--like a useful meme--through the ages so that future generations can prosper without the shameful problems we have which stem from tribalism. Let's start explaining to our children why something like sexism, misogyny, misandry, homophobia, racism, nepotism--or what have you--is wrong and unproductive. Sam Harris's 'The Moral Landscape' should be on the curriculum.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Apr 2016 07:34

George Carlin is the God of comedy and is rolling in his grave for me saying that.

But how does one roll in a grave?

I mean, if you were still conscious after death and were able to hear what others say about you, would you simply roll over? Nah! I would break out, Kill Bill style, and torment them. Nothing major. I would just hide their car keys, or steal a sock from the dryer, just to mess with their minds.

I channeled some of George and tried to make my own joke there.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Apr 2016 07:53

I feel such a strong connection to him and when he points out something so small, like looking at a chain link fence and how it screws with our depth perception, he is so right and I too notice those small details in life and see everything a different way.

And the mystery of the moving pillow when we change which eye we use is sheer brilliance and I know we have all thought about that in our morning stupors.

Or in another comedy bit he did, he pointed out that we often pick parts of our body off and then have to look at it and examine it.

It's so true!

Some of us don't fit into society and feel like aliens trapped in a human body, and I totally relate to him, but wish I was able to point it out with as much confidence.

I have to make another joke about the person I admire most. Did you notice how his pants got higher and higher in his old age? If he was still alive doing comedy, he would just be a head with pants up to his neck.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 May 2016 19:06

Sponge Bob Square Pants. Legend. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”