unsuccessful reality check????

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
the dreamer

unsuccessful reality check????

Postby the dreamer » 07 Jan 2016 20:36

Hi all, I had a dream early this morning. I don't think it qualifies to be a lucid dream. I just want to ask you guys your opinion. Anyway my dream went like this (I'm omitting all the unnecessary detail):

I met this young attractive girl. We became very close. One thing led to another and we ended up in the bed. While humping her, it dawns on me that this is a dream. I’m kind of knowing it. But there is this desire in me that I’m enjoying this current state of dream and I don’t want it to be disturbed in any manner. I did the reality check. But I didn’t care much if I wake up from dream; actually I really didn’t want anything to disrupt this dream. And I did the reality check in a rather insincere and half-ass manner – not caring whether I wake up from this dream or not (I don’t know why????) And as I check my hand there are five fingers and my hand doesn’t look funny; it looks normal. So I figured it’s not a lucid dream. I did not wake up from my dream. And I didn’t care. I just wanted to go along with this dream without any disturbances.

After I woke up in the morning, I was disappointed and perplexed. I did the reality check in the dream but why did I not find anything wrong or unusual. If I were able to at least summon a will to even do a reality check while dreaming, then there is a possibility of waking up from the dream, right? But even though I did the reality check, I did not wake up from the dream. I went back to dreaming and just went along with however dream unfolded.

Is this because I had a strong desire of not being disrupted while dreaming? And as a result, that I did the reality check in a half-assed manner? Was I telling my unconscious mind to stay dreaming and not wake up??? If I had woken up and it became a lucid dream, I feel that I would have enjoyed far more. Was it my own doing that prevented me from waking up from this dream?

Please let me know. I want to hear your opinions.
Thank you and cheers :)

taniaaust1

Re: unsuccessful reality check????

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Jan 2016 17:17

One thing led to another and we ended up in the bed. While humping her, it dawns on me that this is a dream. I’m kind of knowing it. But there is this desire in me that I’m enjoying this current state of dream and I don’t want it to be disturbed in any manner. I did the reality check. But I didn’t care much if I wake up from dream; actually I really didn’t want anything to disrupt this dream

I'd say this was a lucid dream for the fact you knew you were dreaming.

You though then messed it up for yourself by doing a reality check when you already knew you were dreaming. Doing so Ive seen time and time again with those who do this, it installs doubts which then cause the reality check to then fail. What you think will manifest in a dream so if you "know" you are dreaming and then doubt, you can easily manifest in the dream that you aren't dreaming as you've just caused confusion as you are sending out mixed messages to yourself (instead of working with your subconsciousness, you've just gone against it by not trusting what you feel).

You may of been half hearted with the reality check as in truth it wasn't probably needed
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

the dreamer

Re: unsuccessful reality check????

Postby the dreamer » 09 Jan 2016 22:22

taniaaust1 wrote:
I'd say this was a lucid dream for the fact you knew you were dreaming.

You though then messed it up for yourself by doing a reality check when you already knew you were dreaming. Doing so Ive seen time and time again with those who do this, it installs doubts which then cause the reality check to then fail. What you think will manifest in a dream so if you "know" you are dreaming and then doubt, you can easily manifest in the dream that you aren't dreaming as you've just caused confusion as you are sending out mixed messages to yourself (instead of working with your subconsciousness, you've just gone against it by not trusting what you feel).

You may of been half hearted with the reality check as in truth it wasn't probably needed

Thank you for your reply.
This could have been my second lucid dream but I guess I lost that golden opportunity. :cry:
Well I am a newbie who's just starting out in LD. And I guess I have much more work to do.
Thank you again and happy lucid dreaming to all! :)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”