Need opinions on what this was!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Letsgetlucid

Need opinions on what this was!

Postby Letsgetlucid » 09 Jan 2016 17:11

I fell asleep after meditating last night at 12:30 ish and I woke up at 1:08am, in my opinion I think it was a layer 1 almost, so it goes like this; I was laying in bed the exact same way I fell asleep, same position same spot on the bed. But except it was daylight and I instantly knew I was dreaming, I started to feel myself losing the dream so to stabilize it I start rubbing my hands together and eventually I instantly wake up and write down what happened.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

shutterbugjen

Re: Need opinions on what this was!

Postby shutterbugjen » 10 Jan 2016 14:44

That sounds like what is known as a "false awakening" when at first it seems you have simply woken up in your own bed in your own home, but it is actually a dream. The daylight was a big cue there. :)
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Letsgetlucid

Postby Letsgetlucid » 30 Jan 2016 21:16

See, there is a reason why I didn't think it was a false awakening, I became lucid as soon as the dream started, a false awakening that I have had in the past was a scene of me waking up and doing my morning routine but then doing a reality check and noticing that I was still dreaming. Too me it seems like more of a very quick layer 1 DILD.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Lucid_Dreamer

Postby Lucid_Dreamer » 24 Feb 2016 09:38

No this was definitely a false awakening. I see where you're coming from though :3
Stay Lucid!

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 28 Feb 2016 00:14

Does a false awakening not become a lucid dream once you realize the "false" bit? ;)
It was both.

Letsgetlucid

Postby Letsgetlucid » 28 Feb 2016 03:35

After waking up from a lucid dream this morning and getting on here a few days ago, I even see now that it definitely was a false awakening :D .

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”